TripAdvisor
Halki
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went for many years to Halki as we are in love with this small, quite and marvellous island. Blue sea and blue sky along with pleasant people, relax and nice food are always guaranteed. This was our first time in Villa Hiona and this was the most pleasant surprise. A very confortable place with all what is needed, simple and practical and at the same time decorated with a lot of taste. Large and airy rooms. Excellent internet connection and finally a place with no TV and no cars passing close by. Few stairs away from the sea. Breakfast on the terrace in the morning, beautiful view during the day and magic sky in the evening. Nice guests also in the other apartments. All the family felt so sad to leave Villa Hiona and Halki but …..we will be back.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Hartmann P
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Halki and Villa Hiona were gems. An idyllic setting, ON TOP of the sea. I would wake up in the morning and sit on the balcony with my coffee- my own private sea and view. Halki is beautiful but it is a must to be in front of the water- as it laps up against the rocks shimmering in the sun.

Great rooms, nicely decorated, good air conditioning, quiet place. I met some wonderful people while I was there too. Clean and tidy- I will be coming back for a long time....

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Maria K
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Yes, I had seen pictures and I already knew that the room I was going to spend my weekend in Halki was unique and by the sea.....But when i got there....It was a really pleasant surprise!!! I was counting steps like a child....From the (perfect organized and equipped) kitchen, it was 6 big steps to the little table of the balcony and 11 more big steps to the water!!!! The sound of the sea was the best way to wake up in the morning, and the last glance to the sea, while in bed,the perfect "goodnight" to fall asleep. I really hope to be lucky and have the chance to spend some days in Villa Hiona, Halki island!!

Date of stay: June 2013
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Riniou M
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've been lucky and privileged lucky and privileged to have discovered this little paradise called Hiona Studios in the island of Halki! For the last two years I spent my summer vacation there and am planning to go back again this year. The island is amazingly picturesque, peaceful, relaxing and well preserved. And Hiona Studios is what I call "the perfect place for the perfect holiday": conveniently located near the center of the island (close to the bakery, cafés, restaurants etc) but most importantly the Studios are right on the water! Truly, it is a unique experience to wake up in the morning to the sound of the water and be able to dive into crystal clear waters straight from your bed! In addition, the rooms are beautifully decorated and fully functional, quiet and really spacious! The owner has created an amazing setting on the terrace, which is fully equipped with nice tables and chairs and big yellow umbrellas to protect us from the sun that bathes the front of the property throughout the day. She also went above and beyond to help us: from helping out with travel arrangements (she gave us all tips necessary to make our trip to Halki as smooth and efficient as possible) to pointing out places to go and things to do while there. All in all an amazing experience! Can't wait to go back this year!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank dionysisGR
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is a great stay for a relaxing and beautiful vacation! Situated right by the water I just took a couple of steps to take a swim in the crystal clear water. Large, clean and beautifully decorated rooms. Halki is a small, very friendly village with several really good restaurants and cafés. Will definitely come back!

Date of stay: August 2012