“Beautiful and Relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kastellorizo
Milano
“Beautiful and Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent position. We had a very large suite with nice terrace and incredible view, you can look at Kastellorizo bay while lying in bed. Perfect place for a total relaxing vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CesBass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

When I first saw Kastellorizo island many feelings overwhelmed me. Although I am Greek and visited most of my country, it was the first time I stayed with my mouth open! I really fell in love with this place. Megisti hotel came and completed that magical picture. Best hotel on the island with comfortable, nice and clean rooms with excellent view, very good service and very polite people. Breakfast buffet is top top quality (I 've seen richer buffets, but not of this quality). Sea water is like crystal in front of the hotel, which also has sunbeds and umbrellas for the hotels clients and a nice bar. I stayed for 2 nights and I regret not staying for more. I will return for sure to Hotel Megisti

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vayio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

Trying to help a friend residing in Paris to reserve a room I have tried several times to contact the hotel since I read the excellent reviews at tripadvisor and heard the rumors spread locally that second the aforementioned. For more than 5 days I tried to call them and made out absolutely O result.. Same did my friend with no result. Two weeks later I tried to reach them again in order to make a reservation for myself. It is now already the fourth day and I can not get a hold of them. A girl sometimes answers from Rhodes saying that my call was forwarded to her and I should call back.... ( she can not leep a message ). Kastellorizo is a very trendy island and I am sure Megisti is the best option but they ought not to sit on their laurels and tried to stand up to their obligations , like the not so difficult one of picking up the. It does not matter if you are fully booked or not, it does not matter if you have a lot of things to do at the time. It is inexcusable to have a hotel and behave that way. I feel embarrased by the hotel behavior against all my friend I have reccomended them too, like the one I mentioned who finally will not visit Kastellorizo because of that. I am writing this review in order to give the owners some food for thought on what their behavior should have been like and hope that they improve.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Pavlospoint
Geronik, Owner at Megisti Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your input.

I am terribly sorry about this situation and apologise for the akwardness you feel against your friend to who you recommended the hotel.

Please allow me to explain.

Our telephone center has been out of order for a few days, and we have not been able to restore it till today. Phone lines 22460 49219 & 49220 have been on & off for the past few days, and all calls to 49272 were being transferred to a mobile phone during reception hours, and to our Rhodes office the rest of day.

As of today, our phone lines have been restored.

Please understand that as beautifull as Kastellorizo is, it is a tiny island of just 252 permanent residents and the national landline supplier (OTE) had no technician on the island at the time and had to send a crew from Rhodes. In addition, apart from basic supplies, most goods and devices all need to be transfered from Rhodes to Kastellorizo and the island's remote location does not always help to this.

Please also note that we DO respond to all emails to the hotel's official address at info@megistihotel.gr and this is the best way to contact us for non-urgent matters.
If it is not too late for us to get in touch with you of your friend directly, kindly send us your contact details.

I apologise once again for the incovenience and hope that we get a chance to accommodate you in the future, and easen your bad impression of the Megisti Hotel.

On Behalf of the Management,

Nik E. Geronikolas
Toowoomba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

Maria (cook, jack of all trades) made us feel very special. She was so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Liza and Roslyn were also very friendly and made us feel welcome. Very clean and roomy.

• Stayed May 2010
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2010

In September 2009 Amy and I enjoyed the most wonderful wedding celebration at the Hotel Megisti. The setting, the service and the atmosphere were all absolutely breathtaking. I always thought it would be, but now I can say it for sure, the Hotel Megisti is the best place for a wedding anywhere in the world! (And wait til you see room 201, the bridal suite!) Thank you to the wonderful staff for making our event so memorable, our families and our guests will never forget those amazing September days.

• Stayed September 2009
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

...I 've been all around the world travelled in hotels from New York to Rottnest Island(Western australia) and have experienced all types of service. The service delivered by the staff from the Megisti Hotel was simply out standing. In addition the quality of the rooms, food and the general ambiance of this property rates as a highly! This hotel is a must and great place to stay on Kastellorizo

Simi,Perth

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
fulham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2009

Sensational setting on the cusp of the horseshoe bay with Turkey in the near distance.
Time stands still.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kastellorizo
Hotel Kastellorizo
#1 of 44 in Kas
Villa Hotel Tamara
Villa Hotel Tamara
#18 of 44 in Kas

Been to Megisti Hotel? Share your experiences!