“Peace!”
Review of Megisti Hotel

Megisti Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kastellorizo
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Time stops in kastellorizo.. You are instantly relaxed. Hotel Megisti is the best place to stay on the island! Very clean ,beautiful location, friendly staff the works! The view is to die for! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank GeorgiePerth

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Stayed here one night only and went for the suite as we were staying in fairly basic accomodation over in Kas in Turkey. Whatever faults in the hotel ( mainly on service side - people could , maybe , cheer up a bit) - this is in an AMAZING location that is beyond compare. Great swimming too and lounge area. Would return and will.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Hotel Megisti is situated in the most beautiful part of the harbor, facing the picturesque port. The hotel is renovated almost three years ago and all rooms are clean, beautifully decorated, spacious and with sea views. Service is excellent and hotel personnel is polite and willing, providing a very good standard of customer care. Restaurant staff demonstrated very good levels of food knowledge and service skills. The outside terrace is spacious with sunbeds for the hotel guests BUT because it is the most beautiful spot for swimming on the island, it can be crowded sometimes, which is the only downside of the hotel. Overall Megisti hotel is the best deal you can get on the island. That was my second stay here and hopefully i will back for more.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank midest6
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Our stay in Kastellorizio was just magical. You need at least 5 days if you want to explore the island and discover your ancestral heritage. The staff at Megisti Hotel made our holiday "simply the best" - their hospitality and service was excellent. The rooms were of a high standard. For such a small island, the hotel met our expectations and more. I will definitely stay there again - infact it is the only place to stay on the island. The breakfast was so fresh and they even had vegemite (Australians love vegemite).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent position. We had a very large suite with nice terrace and incredible view, you can look at Kastellorizo bay while lying in bed. Perfect place for a total relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CesBass
Reviewed August 23, 2010

When I first saw Kastellorizo island many feelings overwhelmed me. Although I am Greek and visited most of my country, it was the first time I stayed with my mouth open! I really fell in love with this place. Megisti hotel came and completed that magical picture. Best hotel on the island with comfortable, nice and clean rooms with excellent view, very good service and very polite people. Breakfast buffet is top top quality (I 've seen richer buffets, but not of this quality). Sea water is like crystal in front of the hotel, which also has sunbeds and umbrellas for the hotels clients and a nice bar. I stayed for 2 nights and I regret not staying for more. I will return for sure to Hotel Megisti

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vayio
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Trying to help a friend residing in Paris to reserve a room I have tried several times to contact the hotel since I read the excellent reviews at tripadvisor and heard the rumors spread locally that second the aforementioned. For more than 5 days I tried to call them and made out absolutely O result.. Same did my friend with no result. Two weeks later I tried to reach them again in order to make a reservation for myself. It is now already the fourth day and I can not get a hold of them. A girl sometimes answers from Rhodes saying that my call was forwarded to her and I should call back.... ( she can not leep a message ). Kastellorizo is a very trendy island and I am sure Megisti is the best option but they ought not to sit on their laurels and tried to stand up to their obligations , like the not so difficult one of picking up the. It does not matter if you are fully booked or not, it does not matter if you have a lot of things to do at the time. It is inexcusable to have a hotel and behave that way. I feel embarrased by the hotel behavior against all my friend I have reccomended them too, like the one I mentioned who finally will not visit Kastellorizo because of that. I am writing this review in order to give the owners some food for thought on what their behavior should have been like and hope that they improve.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
7  Thank Pavlospoint
Geronik, Owner at Megisti Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your input.

I am terribly sorry about this situation and apologise for the akwardness you feel against your friend to who you recommended the hotel.

Please allow me to explain.

Our telephone center has been out of order for a few days, and we have not been able to restore it till today. Phone lines 22460 49219 & 49220 have been on & off for the past few days, and all calls to 49272 were being transferred to a mobile phone during reception hours, and to our Rhodes office the rest of day.

As of today, our phone lines have been restored.

Please understand that as beautifull as Kastellorizo is, it is a tiny island of just 252 permanent residents and the national landline supplier (OTE) had no technician on the island at the time and had to send a crew from Rhodes. In addition, apart from basic supplies, most goods and devices all need to be transfered from Rhodes to Kastellorizo and the island's remote location does not always help to this.

Please also note that we DO respond to all emails to the hotel's official address at info@megistihotel.gr and this is the best way to contact us for non-urgent matters.
If it is not too late for us to get in touch with you of your friend directly, kindly send us your contact details.

I apologise once again for the incovenience and hope that we get a chance to accommodate you in the future, and easen your bad impression of the Megisti Hotel.

On Behalf of the Management,

Nik E. Geronikolas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kastellorizo
Hotel Kastellorizo
#34 of 48 in Kas
Lycia Hotel
Lycia Hotel
#32 of 48 in Kas

Been to Megisti Hotel? Share your experiences!