“Friendly, fantastic service and great food”
Review of Babis Bar

Babis Bar
Ranked #39 of 106 Restaurants in Kalymnos
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Friendly, fantastic service and great food”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've just returned from another holiday on the wonderful island of Kalymnos with my daughter. and once again we found ourselves enjoying the fantastic hospitality of Babis, his wife Diana and their wonderful staff Nicky and Elias at Babis Bar in Myrties.

The English Breakfast and the pancakes with honey are superb so we came for breakfast everyday. We also ate there quite a few evenings as Babis definitely does the best Saganaki I could find on the Island and my daughter was hooked on it.. All of the food is fresh, simple and tasty and best of all the prices are extremely good. Babis and the staff go out of their way to make sure you have a great time and are particularly good with kids. My daughter only wanted to go there.

Although we were there at a quiet time, there was always a good atmosphere in the bar and we had some brilliant evenings here. I can't wait to go back again. We also used the pool a number of days, which my daughter enjoyed and they are very happy for you to come and use it at any time, even if you're not staying there. We wished we had been staying there as the accommodation is great too but they were fully booked when we make our bookings. The apartments are called Agelika or Agelica Apartments and the upper floor ones are two bedrooms and very nice indeed. The website is under the name of the apartments.

I have been coming to Babis bar since 1991 and it's one of those special places in the world that you have to keep returning too and it's made special by Babis and his staff who always go out of their way to look after you.

• Visited October 2012