“Nice stop over”

and up
Private Day or Sunset Tour - Lagoon 420
Ranked #18 of 163 things to do in Santorini
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The volcano seemed to be a standard stop over for most boat cruises leaving oia and fira.

While there is very little (in fact nothing) to do there aside from admire the spectacular view it is definitely worth going to see.

Bear in mind though that in order to get to the best views it is at least a 30 minute walk with zero sheltar from the sun - for us this was great as we could sweat out some if the over indulgences!

Overall, a nice stop over wuth great panoramic views. But be sure to bring sun cream and maybe something other than flip flops!!

3  Thank Brendan L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,825)

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Well worth the walk up. Amazing views from the top. Take plenty of water with you during summer months.

6  Thank Rob_1950_New_Zealand
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

How had this place got some bad reviews? Hellos this is a super volcano! Yes you have to be prepared to walk up it? Yes it's rocks and luckily it is and stays that wAy for a long time!!! This has history this volcano, this shaped the way Santorini is today, this shocked the whole of Europe around 1600bc!

This is a once in a lifetime experience. I booked this with Kamari tours and was proud of my fellow Greeks to bring this to life! You do feel like you are on another planet. First my tips:
Where good shoes
You must be fit
It is hot!

I decided to cook my egg and bacon in the soil of the volcano and apparantly I was the first to ever do this and I am now famous ! Did you see me? Did you take the photo of me doing this? Would you like to see the video of the footage? Contact me

2  Thank Bangin
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Santorini Volcano is the most beautiful Island, where you can capture the caldera views along with your own photographs. Reaching on this island you can see blue all over, blue sky, blue water and blue dome of churches. All the white churches and homes are stood in between the blue ocean. This place is amazing, where you can make memorable moments as well as friends.
Sunset seen from Santorini Volcano is just a “WOW” experience. I can’t explain the beauty in words. In fact, I am not doing justice, if I describe it in words. Moreover, the food, the wine and the drives are just exceptional. For us, it was a lifetime experience, just a breathtaking place.

1  Thank christopher s
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was my third time in Santorini. I decided to something a little different and signed up for a hike up the volcanic island. We were taken from our cruise ship directly to the volcanic island where we docked alongside other fishing style boats. Our guide was excellent--giving us an introductory description of what we would see, the pace and difficulty of the climb and a little introductory history. We stopped twice along the way where he pointed out points of interest--including a lovely view back toward the main, inhabited island Thira. The climb was not difficult, the pace was good and the scenery was spectacular. Recommended.

2  Thank SmallBoatCruiser