“Excellent wine tour”

Wine in Santorini Exclusive wine tour & tasting
Ranked #27 of 44 Food & Drink in Santorini
More attraction details
Owner description: An exclusive wine tour company with an knowledgeable and amusing quartet ready to introduce you to some of the finest and most rare wines that only the incredible Santorini landscape can provide you with
Reviewed September 23, 2012

There are several wine tour providers on Santorini but you want to be on this wine tour, especially with this awesome tour guide - Ilias. We were picked up at our hotel on time and drove in a nice, air-conditioned bus through the island to pick up the other two couples until we got to the first winery. From the beginning Ilias was very informative, educational and so helpful. There wasn’t a question he couldn’t answer, not only about wine but also about the island, food, politics and Greek traditions. We pestered him with questions! All in all we visited three wineries with different sceneries and different wines. Everything was lovely and well organized. At the last winery we had our lunch that we booked with our tour. We were able to taste the Greek cousin; every course came with the adequate glass of wine. It was delicious and a great experience that we’ll never forget. This event was definitely worth the money and is a must for every wine lover! Thank you Ilias - you made our day!

1  Thank Cliffy P
There are newer reviews for Wine in Santorini Exclusive wine tour & tasting

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Simply put…best wine tour I have been on. Our guide Elias was the man. He was so knowledgeable, informative, and intelligent. I can honestly say that after the wine tour I knew a great deal more about wine than ever before, especially the production process. He was an extremely personable guy and a pleasure to hang out with for four hours…there were times where it didn’t feel like he was our guide, but more like a wine connoisseur friend we were touring with. We took the four tour and visited three wineries. We visited Argyros, Gaia, and Sigalas. Each winery had a different feel to it. Argyros had the old school charm and all the history behind it and had some great white and visanto wines. Gaia had a much more modern feel and was located by the sea, which made for a beautiful wine tasting experience. They also had a delicious bottle of wine vinegar that I highly recommend trying. Sigalas was our last stop on the tour and was also my favorite. The cheeses and bread we were served were delicious. Sigalas had probably my favorite white wine and also a delicious red wine. We even got to see Mr. Sigalas himself. The tour far exceeded my expectations, which I probably attribute most to Elias. It was one of my favorite days in Santorini. I would highly recommend the tour as it will truly be a memorable experience. I definitely hope to make it back and do another wine tour with Elias.

3  Thank sonrisa6
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Ilias was so knowledgeable about the wine making, and he made the tour so fun and interesting. He's got the credentials to back it up, too. He is so personable!! He customized the tour to our needs, and he was extremely flexible. We cannot wait to come back one day. We will definitely be contacting Ilias again. First we went to Gaia Wines (by the sea), and we would highly recommend that site. Wine tasting by the sea- how could you go wrong here? The wines were wonderful here, and we purchased three bottles in addition to their balsamic vinegar. Next we headed to a surprise stop at Santorini Brewing Company- what a treat! Our last stop was Domaine Sigalas wine tasting. This was absolutely the best food I have ever eaten in my life- EVER. The white aubergine with the tomato topping will stay in my mind forever!! Ilias really knows how to customize a tour to your needs. He also built in some time for sightseeing and photo ops in Oia. We are definitely hooked on Santorini now. Absolutely cannot wait to come back to this dream world! To me this tour was priceless, truly a perfect day that exceeded all expectations I could have had for Santorini. Thank you so much, Ilias.

4  Thank SARAH F
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Amazing! This was one of the highlights of my recent trip to Santorini. Ilias was fantastic -- so knowledgeable, intelligent and personable. I could have listened to him all day long. And of course...the wine. The vineyards were extraordinary--some of the best white wine I've tasted. Gavalas Winery and Domaine Sigalas were my favorites--both very different. Of course I brought wine back for my Dad--it was worth the extra weight fee at the airport! The Assyrtiko grape is divine -- so fresh, citrusy and perfect acidity. You can't go wrong with anything Ilias recommends. I can't wait to open Gavalas' Nikteri with dinner tonight. Sigalas' winery is absolutely gorgeous. I could have spent the entire afternoon on the patio drinking his wine. I brought back his Kavalieros and Mavrotragano. The latter needs to age for some years...trust me, this wine is worth the wait! I had such a spectacular day -- it is definitely something you should not miss in Santorini.

3  Thank TinaEleni
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We found this tour through trip advisor and we do not regret doing it. It is a very informative tour on the wines , history and lifestyle of santorini. Ilias our guide was very nice, and answered all our questions. He made a mistake on the first day because he went to a wrong hotel but he offered a solution and bought us a small gift to make up his mistake. This was very much appreciated. We went around three wineries and tasted 17 different wines. Vin santo wine is very good and you should go on this tour to understand the wine story of santorini. We had overall fun on this tour however the only comment I would make is that the tour is a bit expensive. We paid 70 euro per person for about 3 hours. Other tours such as the sunset cruise costs also 70 euro with 5 hours cruising and plenty of food. For the tour to be exceptionally good price should be adjusted for 50 euro. Thanks again Ilias we had great fun