TripAdvisor

from $106.86
from $337.45
from $134.98
3,170 results
All reviews loose gravel bring water beautiful hike hour hike walking shoes start early flip flops leisurely pace photo stops wear a hat great walk lots of water skaros rock caught the bus easy hike well worth the effort views are amazing
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had read several reviews of this trail and several mentioned 3.5 miles. I carried my hiking GPS, and from the center of Fira following the cliff walks and the rim trail all the way to Oia is over 8 miles. The views, however, are spectacular. The trail goes through each of the rim villages from Fira to Oia. Thus, you have great views of the villages, the caldera, the sea and other island, etc. Do take plenty of water and some snacks. The last 3+ miles is remote with only a small snack shop trailer about 2 miles from Oia. Also take plenty of sunscreen because there is no shade and there is a constant wind. Overall the trail is not difficult. There are to ascents but not difficult if you are accustomed to hiking. One descent is treacherous due to the loose rock that slide as one descends. Plan on taking the bus back. The bus stop was somewhat of a challenge to find. Buses are supposed to run every 20 minutes, but we waited 40 minutes. Still, this hike was the highlight of our time on Santorini.

3  Thank wvlivingston
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We hiked from oia to fira- well tried to.... Trail coming from oia was not well marked. We missed the trail and ended up hiking the dangerous main road to oia (dodging buses and speeding cars) -- after 2.5 hours we found the intersection path before imervigli. We walked two hours out of the way. Didn't make it to fira on the hike.....would recommend hiking from fira to oia- seems better marked.

1  Thank kymmie36
Reviewed May 27, 2014

After drinking a mimosa or two we began our hike from our villa, located outside of Fira. We didn't know where the trail officially began, so we walked to the Fira cable cars and continued on that path. We took a break from the trail and hiked out to Skaros Rock, which I cannot recommend enough. The views are incredible (as they are on the whole entire hike!) and the small church on the other side of Skaros Rock is a gem. We continued hiking to Oia, and came across several other churches on the way. We finished our hike with an early dinner at Amoudi Bay and dipped into the water for a bit. We watched the sunset and caught a bus back to Fira. All in all, it took us about 5 hours to hike from Fira to Oia, including going out to Skaros Rock. I did this hike in Converse, but I would recommend running shoes. Bring water!

Date of experience: April 2014
1  Thank Christina W
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have to say I'm not much of a hiker, but I'm glad I did this it was so worth it. The hardest part was finding the initial path but somehow I found it. I looked online for a map but I found a few people that gave descriptions that kinda helped. Anyway they say it takes about 3-4 hrs to walk it all. I would say I came in around 3 1/2 or so, I was talking a lot of pics and I have to be honest the trail kicked my butt at times and I did have people that were much older passing me up but I didn't care I'm proud I finished it. Many of those that did pass me up look like they tend to hike more than I. just be sure to take along water...
I would try and give directions on how to find the trail but if I can find it anyone can. As long as you are walking towards Oia around the caldera path you should find it.
The views are amazing and it was perfect weather maybe low 70's, just wish it would have been cloudier for some cool pics. I was drop dead tired when I got to Oia I wish I had stayed longer or gone back another day to get some pics of Oia. I took the bus back which cost 1.60 which iw as cool with at that point.I like to inspire people to travel on my fb page. Duano's Travel-Picture Expeditions if you want to check out some of my pics...

2  Thank Duane B
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We recently did this hike and it is full of amazing views! At times the path is a little rough and uneven and some of the uphill climbs had us a little out of breath, but totally worth it. Make sure you wear shoes for this, sandals would be very painful.

4  Thank Andrea H