“eficient central hotel by the harbor”
Review of Hotel Coronis

Hotel Coronis
Ranked #72 of 123 Hotels in Naxos
Athens, Greece
“eficient central hotel by the harbor”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

if you want to be near the action Coronis hotel is ..inside there. Located in the waterfrond with simple but very eficient rooms half of them facing the sea. Very generous buffet breakfast with only 5 euro . Polite and helpfull owners who run 2 hotels next door each other.Recommended!

Room Tip: It worths to pay litle more for sea view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
london
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights at the start of our holiday
Position is excellent - walking distance from the port and with loads of cafes and tavernas on the doorstep
The hotel is however in need of a bit of TLC - peeling paintwork on the balconies and damp in the bathroom and bedroom need attention
had a front facing room and the sea view is fantastic but if you are a light sleeper the noise from the nightclub opposite until 5 am may not be ideal
All in all if you want a hotel in the heart of things then this fits the bill but there are better places to stay if you don't mind more of a walk

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel perfectly fits the ambiance of Naxos Town on the low-key island of Naxos - old, worn, comfortable, with a great location and view, friendly staff, and a homey feeling. I loved my room there for 3 or so nights, and was so sad to leave it.

I was just starting my 2 weeks solo in Greece (in late May 2011, NOT October), after 2 weeks in Crete and Santorini with my boyfriend, and I was feeling a little sad and lonely. Being here cheered me up. The owners/managers were very friendly and accommodating, and found me a better room when I didn't like my first one. I had booked through booking.com, and I thought I had reserved a front facing room, but I was given a side facing room, which was too dark and claustrophobic for me. So after one night, I got the front right corner room on the 2nd to highest floor, which was fantastic - windows on 2 sides, a side balcony, and the sunset and harbor view always present. It was perfect for one person, but two close adults would have been fine. There was a desk for my laptop, and great wifi reception, so I could write for hours and still feel part of the harbor scene. The cleaning staff was also friendly - had great talks with a young local college girl who was cleaning my room.

As others said, this is located right in the center of everything, so it is easy walking everywhere near town. And it is up high enough not to be bothered by most noise. There was a restaurant that my room looked down on with a great outdoor patio, where I ate several times (reviewed elsewhere) just because they were so friendly. And there was a nearby ice cream place open late at night. What more did I need? I think I also had a fridge so I could make my own breakfast and lunch. I had come to this island to hike, and this was an easy walk to the bus station to explore the island.

Like other americans from dangerous cities, I was a little uncomfortable with the fact that they left all the keys out on the counter when we were out, but they were always there, and reassured me that nothing had ever happened. And they had a safe for each of us, and I kept my little (MacAir) laptop there. After a few days there and elsewhere on Naxos, i realized how safe an island it is, and started just leaving everything in my room. I was grateful for their patience with me as I slowly absorbed the peace of their island!

Room Tip: Get the highest possible floor in the front, or even better, the corner room facing the harbor and f...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Tromsø, Troms, Norway
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel really needs serious renovating done..and soon!The walls were marked by damp and the smell is accordingly bad. The front balcony was perfectly positioned to watch the port,sunset and people walking by..but size, and condition was not pleasant.No shelter from the neighbours made us uneasy and feeling on display. The room is narrow,and we ordered it for two adults as a double room. The room can accomodate 3 people, but this is not recommended,its just so small and narrow..run down and shabby but located on the right spot!

Room Tip: Be prepared for narrow space,wonderful view from third floor rooms facing the harbour.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anne R
Athens, Greece
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Hotel coronis is in the center of everything that is interesting in the town of Naxos (Chora)!Visiting the old town,the medieval "castro" is easy,let alone dining since lots of nice restaurants are meters away. Beach of Aghios Georgios is within walking distance, and bus stops to further away beaches is not far. The hotel itshelf is quite nice,very clean,with well equiped rooms,although somewhat small (which one expects, when booking an hotel in the middle of the town). There is, of course,some noise coming from the street until late ,but windows are sound proof and air conditioning working! Overall a pleasant experience, would definetily go again!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have sea view, and are sought after!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank stavgeor
Reviewed June 25, 2012

From the moment I arrived I was welcomed by the receptionist who offered to assist me with my luggage, and was always at the front desk if I had any questions. The room was air conditioned and comfortable and extremely clean, and it had a breathtaking view of the water. The breakfast selection was great too, with options like ham, cheese, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc. Probably the best location for any hotel on the island - right on the boardwalk. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Nicsmarz
County Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed May 23, 2012

After a disappointing night staying in a nearby Hotel, we moved to the Coronis for another 3 nights. Great room overlooking the harbour and it was a nice size with good bathroom. Staff are very friendly and breakfast was nice served and good sized room. Overall, if you want something close to the buzz of the town, stay here. We were there in May so we don't know how busy or noisy it gets later on in the year but I think it's a hotel trying it's best to give a good service.

Room Tip: Ask for room with A/C as some don't have it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple