“I really wanted to like this place, but...”

Anna's Organic Shop and Gardencafe
Ranked #10 of 28 Dessert in Naxos
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: In our garden-cafe you can taste all biologic products, which you can find at our store. For breakfast there is a great variety of products. For lunch and dinner we offer vegan, greek appetizers, salads and small dishes. We also serve a great variety of cakes and pies such as gluten-free cakes and vegetarian pies.
Reviewed October 21, 2018

Anna wasn't very pleasant - she acted as if it was really putting her out to give me service. I didn't eat in the breakfast restaurant, but shopped in her store. There wasn't much selection. The reason I am giving some stars is that she DID have coconut milk yogurt in the shop - for those who don't eat dairy or soy. I couldn't find that anywhere else on the island, so just for that it was worth suffering through her attitude. Please note that she also says that she no longer serves lunch - only breakfast.

Date of visit: October 2018
Anna J, Owner at Anna's Organic Shop and Gardencafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Dear MF,
you must have been two weeks ago here. Saison is going over. Now there is also no breakfast any more.
There was not much selektion because I will close the business at the end of the month. Not only for the winter, completly ! I close because it is not easy to bring always fresh just those things the customer of the day likes to get. To bring organic food to the end of the world is difficult. On the other side a lot of customers do not accept the prises.
And maybe you can understand that it is not easy to close down a business what I realy liked to do.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

I visited Anna’s organic shop and garden cafe today and loved it. Service was not fast but it doesn’t matter when the location was so cute - lots of lovely cushions and tablecloths in a garden deck area. You can tell Anna really cares about what she serves and the visitors to her cafe. It felt like visiting the home of a friend!

I had the ‘fruit cup’ and a fresh orange juice. Both delicious, fairly priced, and the experience of sitting in such a beautiful relaxing place was great too.

I really appreciate that Anna serves local food and ingredients when she can and there seems to be so much care in the menu and what is served here.

Thanks Anna! I’ll be back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

This gem is just wonderful and is a must when visiting Naxos. The breakfast is soo good and the nice lady Anna is so welcoming! Super good service!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

I have been in Naxos for a month now.
Early in my stay I discovered Anna's Cafe which serves fresh nutritional organic food. Virtually daily, I would sit in the cozy shaded garden and enjoy my breakfast. Always delicious. I kept returning because Anna, in addition to being a good cook, was extremely knowledgable, helpful and kind. Anna's Cafe is small and easily missed so keep your eyes wide open.

Date of visit: May 2018
3  Thank Travel774719
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Anna prepared a special breakfast for the first morning of our honeymoon on Naxos. Trying to eat vegan as much as possible, we did not think there would be many options in the area, but she made a tasty bean dish and even baked a special cake for us! Anna is very sweet and it was a great introduction to the island. There were lots of other great items for food, and a super cute garden patio to eat in, so we highly recommend it.

Date of visit: October 2017