“Lovely hotel if you are from Italy”

and 1 more site!
Naxos Imperial Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 123 Hotels in Naxos
Munich
“Lovely hotel if you are from Italy”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I made a mistake in booking this hotel; it was not what I was looking for on this trip.
I have a Greek background; so when I travel to Greece - I do so to experience GREECE for all it has to offer. Imagine my surprise when I arrived to my hotel and there was an Italian flag flying at the entrance.
My disappointment continued when I spoke to the ladies at Reception in Greek and their response was that they could not speak Greek.
Don't get me wrong - the staff were very polite and always helpful (to the best of their ability). Pros and Cons are as follows:

PROS:
- Facilities: Brand new hotel - very clean with an amazing pool area.
- Location: Very close to one of the best beaches Agios Prokopios
- Staff: They were always polite and helpful to the best of their abillity

CONS:
- Location: Too far from the bus stop so I was forced to catch a taxi whenever I needed to go anywhere. When I asked the hotel staff whether there was an alternative method to get around; they said only taxis or rental of a car or quad bike
- Service/staff: Although the staff was always polite; as I mentioned earlier they were not Greek. So no-one was able to provide me with recommendations on places to go and things to do. At least nothing that was not already on a tourist brochure. There was a concert going on in Naxos during my stay that I wanted to go to, so I asked the hotel to assist me in getting a ticket. Their response was that they did not know and that I should go into town and figure it out. I was surprised with this response. I was surprised to hear this from a 5-star htel. I would expect that they would at least offer to find something out for me.
- Restaurant: There was no a-la-carte available. On a late arrival I asked for some food to be brought to my hotel. I was told that it was not possible and that I should go to the buffet and choose something for myself. No-one had any idea what to do for me. It was all very unorganized and alittle embarrassing. I went to the buffet and noted that there was a lot of pasta, lasagne etc. But there was not much Greek food. Eventually I spotted some Dolmades and a Greek salad and I took some of this to my roome. Disappointed continued when I asked for a bottle of white wine; the barman told me there was only red or rose. Disappointment continued through to breakfast - not the best options for breakfast. At least not as compared to my other 5-star standards.
- Services: No transfer available to hotel and taxi drivers were hesitant to take me all the way to Stelida (actual location - it is not in Agios Prokopios). No room service. No phone directory in the hotel room. No facilities guidelines/descriptions of hotel and services.

A new hotel that needs some experience under it's belt before I can recommend it. Aesthetically beautiful hotel. But I was (overall) disappointed with my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank ck1106

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naxos
Hotel Kavuras Village
Plaza Beach Hotel
Plaza Beach Hotel
#3 of 7 in Plaka
Villa Marandi Luxury Suites

Been to Naxos Imperial Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!