TripAdvisor

from $51.09
from $68.11
from $40.87
More Info
All reviews spinach pie cooking class greek culture tzatziki spoon sweets green peppers sweet treats rooftop garden cultural experience cooking techniques drink wine yogurt tips and tricks favorite part small group red wine delicious meal
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Although I am the primary cook in our home, I was less than excited about my wife interrupting our vacation in Greece for a cooking class and I was flatly wrong....one of the most memorable days in Greece.

First, Kristiana was fascinating - welcoming, knowledgeable, educational and, on top of all that, downright funny (perhaps she didn't know it but she was a truly genuine character).

Her home is beautiful and comfortable and a wonderful place to be, learn and meet people in a casual environment, seriously, felt so at home with Kristiana and everyone even though we had never met any of them.

We learned how to make several traditional foods, tips and techniques, we laughed, we made wonderful food and the wine carafes never went empty.

The tzatziki competition was a highlight (we all blew it except for Nashville Molly!) and Kristiana made a traditional Greek beef dish to pair with what we made...it was DELICIOUS, all of it.

I've made all but one recipe since I returned home, the were good, I need more practice to make them great.

Womderful host, experience, recipes, and a day enjoyed with newly made friends. If you even remotely enjoy cooking, do this!

1  Thank CaliforniaBrad
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My sister and I signed up for this cooking class because we always love to cook the traditional cuisine wherever we travel. This class was truly everything we were looking for and more! Kristiana was the sweetest, most knowledgeable and funny hostess and we learned so many tips and tricks about cooking in general that we were shocked we never knew! Her house was stunningly decorated and the kitchen looked straight from a cooking show! She provided endless wine and additional dishes she had made aside from the ones we made. We had a tzatziki making competition and also made stuffed tomatoes and spanakopita. It would be a mistake to miss this experience!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arranged a birthday trip to Mykonos. Decided to do something fun and unexpected. After checking out several options we decided to take a cooking class. It turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip.

First off Teta and her cousin Christina welcomed us into their home and over the course of several hours created an atmosphere that allowed 13 strangers to feel like family. Sure a little home made wine and Raki (Greek windex ) helped.

With their guidance we were able to create several traditional Greek dishes. The men made stuffed tomatoes while the women made spanakopita. Throughout the entire evening they continued to pepper us with tips and suggestions that would hopefully allow us to recreate the dishes at our homes.

After prepping, assembling and cooking the meal we finally sat and broke bread. With our glasses full of wine, our lungs full of laughter and our stomachs full of food we parted into the night.

The time flew entirely too fast, as it is know to do when your having fun.

I would recommend that if your in Mykonos and you have the time that you should sign up for this course and spend an evening with Teta and Christina.

2  Thank karnge
Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I decided to book this cooking class during our honeymoon in Greece, and we did not regret it for a second! It was by far our favorite part of our stay in Mykonos. Christiana is simply amazing; she welcomes you into her home, takes time to get to know everyone on a personal level, and teaches you about the local culture, all before you even begin the cooking portion of the class! The cooking portion of the class is both fun and interactive, as everyone works together to help cook a delicious, traditional Greek dinner... all whilst drinking her home made wine. I highly recommend this experience to anyone traveling to Mykonos, even to those who are not into cooking. Thank you so much Christiana!

Dmitri & Elizabeth

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

This was such an educational and interesting tour. It was a small group of 4 persons and our tour guide, Anastasia was well very educated with the history and archeology of the site and her explanations was clear and concise. Met some really lovely ladies from California as well!