“Amazing trip to horseland”
Review of Mykonos Horseland

Mykonos Horseland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At Horseland we provide our clients with a memorable and safe riding experience on one of the most beautiful Islands in the Cyclades. We offer the opportunity to discover and ride through unique and breath-taking scenery on the island of Mykonos, from Horseland in Ano Mera to Fokos Beach. Riders are accompanied by a professional guide who helps make the experience relaxed and comfortable as you tour through the distinctive Cycladic landscape. Each rider’s specific needs are respected and taken into consideration, and for beginners and novices we provide instruction prior to leaving on horseback. We provide all necessary safety equipment for a pleasurable ride. We also offer extra special packages for those looking to combine our beautiful horses with a romantic or even more memorable experience. Free transportation to and from your hotel, anywhere on the island is offered if required. This is a one of the best ways to acquaint yourself with the natural beauty of Mykonos.
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Had the pleasure of visiting Horseland when I was in Mykonos and overall an amazing experience. I wanted to propose to my girlfriend when I was on the ride and our guide and owner made it an unforgettable experience from the time I first talked to them, and they were nothing but helpful with making it the most romantic experience for the two of us. The day we took the trip it was a bit windy but that didn't stop them from making it perfect. They had a nice carpet with a table and pillows to sit on with a nice local bottle of wine and flowers that were beautiful. It was the perfect atmosphere to tell the woman I love that I wanted to spend our lives together, she said yes and we enjoyed the ride back to the farm. Overall the owner and manger of Horseland made it an experience that I will never forget and I would recommend them to anyone looking to do something that shows you a different side to the island than the parties and clubs.

1  Thank Sean d
"the barn"
"beautiful horses"
"previous experience"
in 2 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"two hours"
in 4 reviews
"tavern"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed February 27, 2017

A smooth ride through rocky hills, a small lake and at the end the wild beach of Fokos!!!
Mexico and Mediterranean together!!!
Cute local ranch with lots of horses and various animals around like cats, chickens and gooses also!!!
Willing personel make me feel comfortable and Fanis (owner) shows the love he puts in his business!!!

3  Thank gpisp g
Reviewed October 20, 2016

The Horseland Tour was, by far, the worst guided tour experience I have had the displeasure of signing up for. Not only was the guide/owner exceptionally rude and lacking effective communication skills, his operation was UNSAFE. At the beginning of the ride, one of the horses was bucking and kicking other horses with an inexperienced rider on its back. Not long after, two of the horses in our group bolted without warning, galloping full speed, also with inexperienced riders on board. At the halfway point of the ride, one of the horses dropped to the ground and immediately rolled, trapping my mother underneath it. She was in incredible pain; the horse had pinned her leg and wrenched her back. Of course, I was more than concerned. I dismounted and began assessing the situation. At that point the guide became aggravated with me and said, verbatim, “It’s fine, nothing happened!” I was appalled; he did not ask if she was okay nor offer condolences; instead, he glossed over the situation. After such a horrible experience that affected not only my mother and I, but the energy of the group as a whole, the owner had the audacity to charge us full price. Now my mother is on pain killers and cannot walk; the rest of our vacation is effectively ruined because of Horseland. I would like to add that this is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review; in essence, F%$K this establishment.

7  Thank telerider
MYKONOSHORSELAND, Owner at Mykonos Horseland, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

We at Horseland are sorry that you feel that way. Even so we have to respond and correct the most of the facts. No horse was running. Your mother that had the horse that did lay down at the beach didn't have a single scratch on her leg or anywhere els. She whas also completly calm when you where screming and scarred the other riders. Yes we told you to stop screeming and really that whas the biggest danger that happend that tour. None of the other guests where complaning or refused to pay as you did. If you leave your horse free at the beach when it's warm it want to role thats why we tell everyone to keep the raines in there hands and not absolutly free. Your mother had no problem to ride home and didn't complain about the ride. We wish you all the best and hope you try riding again sometime.

Reviewed October 8, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful and healthy horses. Nice owner who can tell a lot about the island. It feels like home. Really worth a visit. Great ride to one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, bathing suits do not forget! I will come back!
Anna/Germany

2  Thank Anna K
See more reviews
Reviewed October 3, 2016

A friend told me before I left for Greece that I must go horse riding in Mykonos as it’s very special. So, one of the first things I did when I arrived was find Horseland, and spoke several times to the owner Fanis to arrange the best time and day for my friend and I to ride. We changed our plans several times, but he was extremely accommodating, and nothing was a problem. We were picked up from our hotel at 17:00 for a sunset ride, and everything from hotel transfers to riding instruction was easy and friendly. I’m a fairly experienced rider, but my friend is a novice and was nervous. This wasn’t a problem at all as Fanis gave her some riding instruction, and a horse suitable for her level. She was very relaxed within minutes of getting in the saddle. I was happy to ride with her at walking pace and enjoy the incredible scenery, which was absolutely stunning, particularly at sunset on Fokos beach. Whether you’re a horse rider or not, this really is a special way to see Mykonos, and is a completely different and wonderful view of this special island. Fanis, his staff and his horses were fantastic. The were very welcoming and knowledgeable. I’d highly recommend visiting Horseland in Mykonos, and agree with my friend who recommended me - it was a very special experience.

4  Thank Toni_c_gardner