“Great Adventure”
Review of Mykonos Horseland

Mykonos Horseland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At Horseland we provide our clients with a memorable and safe riding experience on one of the most beautiful Islands in the Cyclades. We offer the opportunity to discover and ride through unique and breath-taking scenery on the island of Mykonos, from Horseland in Ano Mera to Fokos Beach. Riders are accompanied by a professional guide who helps make the experience relaxed and comfortable as you tour through the distinctive Cycladic landscape. Each rider’s specific needs are respected and taken into consideration, and for beginners and novices we provide instruction prior to leaving on horseback. We provide all necessary safety equipment for a pleasurable ride. We also offer extra special packages for those looking to combine our beautiful horses with a romantic or even more memorable experience. Free transportation to and from your hotel, anywhere on the island is offered if required. This is a one of the best ways to acquaint yourself with the natural beauty of Mykonos.
Reviewed October 8, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful and healthy horses. Nice owner who can tell a lot about the island. It feels like home. Really worth a visit. Great ride to one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, bathing suits do not forget! I will come back!
Anna/Germany

"the barn"
"beautiful horses"
"previous experience"
in 2 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"two hours"
in 4 reviews
"tavern"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed October 3, 2016

A friend told me before I left for Greece that I must go horse riding in Mykonos as it’s very special. So, one of the first things I did when I arrived was find Horseland, and spoke several times to the owner Fanis to arrange the best time and day for my friend and I to ride. We changed our plans several times, but he was extremely accommodating, and nothing was a problem. We were picked up from our hotel at 17:00 for a sunset ride, and everything from hotel transfers to riding instruction was easy and friendly. I’m a fairly experienced rider, but my friend is a novice and was nervous. This wasn’t a problem at all as Fanis gave her some riding instruction, and a horse suitable for her level. She was very relaxed within minutes of getting in the saddle. I was happy to ride with her at walking pace and enjoy the incredible scenery, which was absolutely stunning, particularly at sunset on Fokos beach. Whether you’re a horse rider or not, this really is a special way to see Mykonos, and is a completely different and wonderful view of this special island. Fanis, his staff and his horses were fantastic. The were very welcoming and knowledgeable. I’d highly recommend visiting Horseland in Mykonos, and agree with my friend who recommended me - it was a very special experience.

4  Thank Toni_c_gardner
Reviewed September 30, 2016

Our experience with Horseland started when they were a half hour late to pick us up at our resort. From the moment we got there we realized that something was probably not right. There were several horses tied up outside in the heat with no water and nothing to feed on, and were extremely thin. We could see their ribs protruding and it was obvious that they are undernourished. At one point we actually saw one of them pawing at the ground and eating the dirt. The overall service experience was definitely not very attentive. The horses that we first saw were not the ones that they saddled up for us. A very sweet girl named Emily actually took us on our ride down a highly traveled road to the sea. When we arrived there we were told we would take pictures but that we were not going to ride in the sea (unlike the marketing images).

One of the horses we were on actually went down to the ground with one of us on it and it was obvious something was not right. I have experience with horses and this was not the horse trying to get the rider off, but in discomfort. At one point she actually convulsed. We were told that she had had colic a month before but that she was okay. The whole thing was very upsetting and we thought she actually could need a vet on the spot. The horse did make it back to the facility, but we did not feel good about it. When we arrived back(2 hours later), those same horses we originally saw were still tied up in the same places with no water.

I mentioned all of this to our resort as we are not sure what the laws are in Mykonos but in the states this place would at the very least be put on notice. Our resort said they would follow up on it and we truly hope they do for the benefit of these amazing creatures that seem to be living in a neglectful situation.

3  Thank GeneR348
MYKONOSHORSELAND, Manager at Mykonos Horseland, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

We are sorry that you remember your horseriding that way.
Our horses are in good condition and when they are tide up outside we have them under tents that give a shade that the horses can choose to stand under. We water the horses 4-5 times a day and they get the best hey available. It's true that one horse like to role in the sand at the beach when you don't keep the raines at all. Keep the raines at all time of the ride! Hope to see you here again if you come to Mykonos.

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I together with our 2 kids aged 4 & 6 had a fabulous time riding with Nikos, our guide, at Horseland. The scenery was beautiful and the horses were well behaved. Our 6 year old got his own horse and although I was nervous, Nikos made sure everyone was safe and comfortable. We had lunch at the tavern by the beach and even went for a short swim. On the way back our 4 year old got to ride with Nikos and do some trotting. Very cool experience for the whole family. Totally recommend!

4  Thank Marilyn Z