“Discover Scuba”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Discover Scuba”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I dove with Mykonos Dive Center in September 2012. I'm sorry I haven't reviewed them sooner. Costas was very helpful in providing transportation.

It was my first experience with diving. I has really high hopes for myself since I've always been a swimmer and love the water. I aced the little quiz too. However, I had trouble right from the beginning. Entering from the beach was pretty hard as the surf was a bit rough. My weight belt kept slipping off and in general I was just a mess. BUT my instructor Kon was very understanding. With all of my flailing about and panicking, he was very calming and eventually helped me get it together and he didn't let me give up. Once I was underwater I was better and Kon held my hand the entire time pointing out little things here and there. There wasn't a lot of things to see but it was still amazing to me.

Afterward, Kon carried all of my gear back because he could tell I was exhausted by the whole thing. He also seemed to understand how disappointed I was that I didn't take to diving right away. He sat me doing and was very comforting. He encouraged me to try it again sometime.

I can't thank him enough for how sweet he was. I was such a disaster and he never got frustrated. Since then I've gotten fully certified and dove the Great Barrier Reef about a month ago. Without Kon's encouragement I might not have had the courage.

Also the rest of the guys there were very nice and funny. I don't remember all of their names but Dave was great.

I would absolutely recommend them but for beginners I would be wary if it is a bit rough. The beach entry can be a challenge.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Bernadette G

• Greek first
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Diving Paradise”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nestled behind the bar at the now "world famous" Tropicana Club at Paradise Beach in Mykonos is the Dive Center. This is a gem of a find on an island where there are many "gems" to be found. The Center has the great advantage of having a reef on the beach where you enter the water to do your dives. It's great for beginners because you have pool like waters to dive in, with the benefit of see the sea life on the reef. For more advanced divers there are boat dives, which are conducted in the warm crystal like waters of the Aegean. Plenty of sea life to see and there's nothing dangerous to fear. The staff is well trained and versed in several languages, so don't be afraid that you can't communicate. I've visited this Center more than once over the years and found it to be consistent with its five star PADI rating. It really doesn't get much better than this for diving. It also doesn't hurt that at the end of the day you have a raging party at the Tropicana, which draws hundreds. Let the good times roll, both above and below the surface.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank GAS116
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Me and my girlfriend did an introductory dive here and enjoyed it so much that we had to do another! The underwater scenery in the area is amazing and the staff were very informative and helpful, pointing out all sorts of underwater creatures. We even saw an octopus and a school of barracuda! We stayed in the very nice accommodation offered by the dive centre and the owner, Costas, was very generous with lifts etc. So overall a brilliant holiday to Mykonos, and all thanks to the MDC

Visited July 2013
3 Thank OliHugh
Hamburg, Germany
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“This diving crew deserves six stars out of five.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked only 2 days in advance 5 dives for 250 EUR (you also able to go the same day right away if they have availability). What we got was 5 amazing good dives guided with experienced and good dive leaders.
One dive was on the house reef by a shore dive, three on reefs by boat (they always took us to different reefs along the coast) and the last one was a wreck dive in shallow depth (also by boat).
We were lucky with very small groups, except of the last dive when we were 9 divers (incl. 3 leaders though).
What we saw (in extracts) was scorpion fish, lizard fish, barracuda, flounder, hermit craps, etc. We were unlucky and didn't get to see any of the octopuses.
We recommend this place to everybody who wants to dive on Mykonos. They also do courses to learn diving.

Thanks,
Ossie & Christian

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Zefau
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mykonos diving Paradise Beach”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Well just got back from a week on Mykonos. I found the diving Centre at Paradise Beach and thought I would give it a try not expecting much as its the Med after all. As a diving instructor I have dived many places throughout the world and seem to have a harsh outlook when it comes to customer service with in the industry so was unsure what to expect as this is Greece after all!!
I was met by Costas (the shop owner) and was invited to take a seat to see what he could do for me. I explained by experience(over 3000 dives) and asked what I could expect. We where joined by one of his instructors and had a good 20 minute chat with no pressure to dive at all.

Both Costas and the Instructor (Carlos) took their time in explaining how they operate and what I could expect to see showing me photos of recent dives. I was under no illusion as to what I might see and not see, it was clearly explained that this was not the Red Sea!! I thanked them and took a price list with me, again no pressure to book a dive just polite friendly service. I did go back and dive with them and must comment that the service, equipment, safety standard where excellent. The diving was also far better than I expected with a good variety of marine life, no its not the Red Sea but the marine life was healthy with a good fish population and some lovely soft corals and sponges.

Costas and his team made me feel most welcome, with no pressure to buy dives and the service was excellent. I watched other customers come into the Centre and all where treated the same as I was - extremely well. A number of young divers where busy been briefed for their first dive doing the discovery programme and the Instructors where excellent and I could see that all the "newbies" where very relaxed,well briefed and time was taken to explain things - there was no rush.

I can only highly recommend the Dive Centre and will dive with them again when I visit Mykonos again.

Visited August 2013