“Wonderful home cooked food !!”
Review of Archipelagos

Archipelagos
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Kithnos
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the restaurant-tavern ARCHIPELAGOS you will enjoy in a great family atmosphere with breathtaking views the wonderful home cooking of Mrs Helen, with a variety of delicious cooked foods (organic vegetables from the melon field of Mr Costas !!!). Fresh eggs, fish and meat, local recipes (Tarakto, Courgette balls, Kopanisti cheese (Local) Chickpeas, Sfouggata) in conjunction of local wine.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Fantastic home cooked food. The best Mousaka I have had in a long time and I am Greek !!! The Gemista were honey, service great. WIl definately be back !!!!

There are newer reviews for Archipelagos

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything we had was incredible. I had the honor of coming here twice with locals who helped me order and it was just delicious. We had the stuffed tomatoes and peppers (highly recommended if you can get some before they sell out), the mousaka, green beans, horta, and the octopus. Each thing was better than the other! I highly recommend this place. It will be so hard to find food that compares to this back in the USA!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Archipelagos and so much enjoyed the family atmosphere, family run restaurant, wonderful food and welcoming service. I would thoroughly recommend the taverna for those who enjoy being in the heart of village life.

2  Thank Ravaboutflowers
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We hired a car and drive everywhere on Kithnos. We came across this taverna while we were looking round Kanala, and it was the only one that seemed to be open. We only wanted drinks, beer and a coffee, but she didn't mind at all, my iced coffee was one of the best ever. The toilets were exceptionally clean and the taverna had free wifi. They displayed the local bus timetable which I thought was a very good idea for travellers.

1  Thank Georgina M
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Thank you Kallitsa and Dimitris, kyra Eleni and all the company there. It is really somehting else to be there and be even better than home. Those people are always smiling, their eyes are smiling.
The food there is perfect, though perfect is poor to describe what you feel with those flavours.
Real home made food made for feeding family, not customers or strangers, made with love and passion, made with MERAKI. Because they want to do so, they do not have to do so.
Much of the vegetables come from their own garden, the Mpostani, offering flavours and quality long forgotten to us city people. The menu varies from day to day, so you are never bored. if you have special needs or desires you can arrange everything with the lovely people owning and running the place.
Kallitsa is a one-of-a-kind personality. A real jewel to have serving you, talking to you, having fun, having chats, having quarrels, having a glass of wine, she is just amazing. We know we are loyals to her from thereafter. (Tip: listen to her suggestions on the menu, she knows what she is talking about)
Dimitris (Brother of Kallitsa) is there from morning to late night. Nice guy with good sense of humour. he controls the whole store just with the glimpse of his eye. He has a smile for everyone and a solution to every problem.
Both of them are amazing people, making you feel like family, having not met for a long time.
Above all, kyra Eleni, the Mother. She comes to your table if she has spare time and shows real unpretending interest on what you like on food, what not, she really wants to take care of you.
I cannot say much about the great Father of the family because did not meet him much. But by meeting his children I have one thing to say: Congratulations.
What I need to mention is that above and next to the taverna the family runs also studios to let for your vacation. Plain spacious rooms at a very low price.
I know that since last summer, I have become a live, permanent advertiser so try it you will become too.

1  Thank GandGcreations