We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Folegandros
Anemomilos Apartments
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Folegandros
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Eighteen months in the planning, friends and family gathered at Anemomilos Apartments in Folegandros for a special birthday celebration. Our horrendous ferry ride from Athens was soon forgotten when we sat overlooking the magnificent cliffs to the blue sea below, sheltered from the meltemi winds and being made so welcome by Cornelia, Diana and staff. Each room occupied was presented beautifully and were immaculately clean. Many of our party are seasoned travellers - all of us could not fault our stay and our only regret was having to leave. Martina, the chef, kindly provided food on two occasions for us - the moussaka was the best we have eaten - and Alex waited on us patiently and always with a smile. Easy to find a corner to read a book quietly, sit on the balcony for breathtaking views, unbelievable sunsets - a very special place which will hold treasured memories for all of us. Thank you.

Room Tip: Blue room or green - every room was slightly different - with the blue rooms facing the sea with bre...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JaRMaC

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I am currently sitting on my balcony in Santorini at a world "Small Luxury Hotel, wishing I was still at Anemomilos! That is how fabulous it is. I cannot sing enough high praises for Dimitiris, Cornelia and staff. What they have created is "doing it more than right". From the stunning little sitting places, to the pool and the wonderful detailed attention to the gardens and other unexpected surprising touches. I stayed in room 12 with two balconies and a full length window in the bathroom overlooking the stunning cliff side and Sea. Perfect blend of autonomy or sociability, whatever you desire. The staff is very perceptive and do their job with such excellence! Breakfast was brought to my balcony every morning and it was fabulous. I like eating alone in my pajamas with no one around! Also, the bed was wonderful and I slept great despite jet lag. The week I stayed was the last one for the season. How I wish I could hide out there and stay much longer.
I have traveled a lot and stayed in some spectacular places, however, nothing like Anemomilos.
The only thing I wish they had was washcloths in the bathroom, which is usually such a big thing for me I carry my own since I know not every hotel in Europe has them. They were kind enough to wash mine, free! I really cannot say enough about this incredible place. It's really a 5 plus rating!
Cornelia, I hope your finger is better!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank kennydog
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed three nights in a green studio. The rooms are very clean.
The staff is very nice and professionnal. The breakfast is very good. The views from the rooms and from the swimming pool are just amazing.
It is probably overpriced but everything was perfect.

Room Tip: all rooms are nice, but depending on your budget you can offer you a beautiful view in a blue studio
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank catherine b
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed in a green studio and couldn't have been happier. The room was very large, and spotless. The bathroom had a particularly big shower for Greece.

The views from the property are just breathtaking - really the best views in town. There is wind as a result of being on the edge of a very high cliff, but we found it refreshing in the evenings after such hot weather.

We found the owner and staff to be very helpful, and we received some good recommendations, including a great SCUBA company and restaurant nearby in the Hora.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank btraveller81
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here for five nights in early August and it was a perfect spot from which to enjoy what Folegandros has to offer and for us it was the following:
1)Extremely gracious attentive yet professional and caring family run and owned property but with an excellent staff both at pool/ breakfast and deck area and housecleaning and grounds maintenance...they run a tight ship so to speak ( you could be on a ship it feels at times when on your balcony as it felt as though it was just us and the beautiful blue sea,the world melts away and you feel a true connection and wonder about this wild remote place looking down the rocky cliffs and out into the expansive agean) and service is available and gracious but not intrusive.From the moment of booking the room to departure to the ferry ( all good things must come to an end?)The units are fully equipped apartments so you feel completely independent but for instance if you happen to completely and frantically confuse the #%?! out of yourself with the remote while watching the Olympic finals :-/ ,there is someone there in minutes. Your room is made up the moment you leave the grounds by a smiling pleasant staff.
2)Well all that above wouldn't matter if it weren't for the grounds,the relaxing atmosphere,the you don't have to worry about a thing,just let it all go attitude the Folegandros exudes and this hotel provides.Room wasn't ready on our early ferry arrival,we were invited to relax and feel at home right away by the pool,they offered my daughter water in case the ferry ride had been rough,made us feel welcome.The pool is really beautiful and relaxing to look at ,swim in,you just soak it all up and relax right away happily in a deck chair.Finally here after much planning and anticipation and it's bliss.Amazing piña colada( in par with any I've ever had in the Caribbean) and my daughters smoothie was delicious and nutritious as well as all of the food here is top notch.We had the breakfast three days,two days taking advantage of the complete breakfast package that we pre ordered and then the last day going a la carte..they serve Illy coffee and the cappuccinos and caffe freddos were prepared perfectly.The other two days we dropped into town,and it is literally that,just a drop,a little roll down the hill and you discover a beautiful square,and then another beautiful square,and then yes another tree lined beautiful square,all with churches ,one after the other,all intertwined,meandering lovely,where life goes on at this wonderful slow easy pace and tables are laid out everywhere you turn at cozy little cafes and restaurants,take your pick mtgs food is great at all of then and no reservations needed here,you just relax and wander,soak it all in,everyone enjoying life in this beautiful small village of Chora.
The island was fun to explore,we walked from Chora to Ano Meria our first morning( daughter slept) and back but were lucky to catch the bus about halfway back as we were getting a little lazy as it started to get hot.We past a few shepards,a few men going to work on mules( no pictures!I was told brusquely, I get it though)lots of sheep,goats.Ano Meria is a small town,we walked through it before we'd realized we'd passed it,walked pretty much to the other end of the island before we realized it.The road has almost no traffic,this is truly a one horse /donkey town,okay maybe three.the terrain is pretty rocky dry and rough so the road is the best way to go and you can't get lost.on another day we did attempt the trails as there was one leading out of town to the beach but we did get lost....pretty lost but found our way eventually once we figured out to stay on the trails where rocks and brush are painted blue or red and not follow some of the other foot trails not marked but carved out by either others seeking shortcuts or shepherds .
Any way we finally made it down to the beautiful desolate beach,didn't hesitate to take a quick swim before getting back on a small trail over to the main beach where there area few cafes and restaurants and a bus to take you back when the day is done :)
We also took the boat ride around the island that visits five coves/ beaches,we actually did that our second day as it gave us a good overview of the island and where we wanted to go on our own as far as beaches as none are that easy access even if you have a car and we didn't.
The island is small but we never got bored between the comfort of the hotel,view and pool included and exploring the island.we also walked down to the port one day.There is a folk museum in Ano Meria but it is only open tin the afternoons and we never made it there but the cute bus service is simple and frequent around the island and you get this sort of sense of community with your fellow travelers,the island is so small that you are either going one place or the other,Chora,Ano Meria ,the port and ferry dock Karavstasis or the beach.Life couldn't be more simple or complete.P.S,I suggest traveling the first week of august as we did if you must travel in august versus later as many more tourists arrive after the 11th or so .
Well I must be heavily reminiscing about our idyllic days spent on the island as it's back to school time for us but I think it deserves back all it has given us in terms of memories.
Folegandros is truly a place that if you love it,it will love you back..and then some and our experience of it through the Anemomilos apartments was the only way we would ever do it over.Thank you ! :)))

Room Tip: Blue rooms are right on the cliffs with dramatic ocean and cliff views as well as views to the sunse...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank playa102
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a wonderful place where to spend a few relaxing days on a beautiful island. Hotel/apartments are nicely decorated and perfectly clean. Each studio has a terrace (overlooking the sea if requested). Views are just breathtaking. The staff is very friendly. The owners are helpful and client minded. Beds are excellent quality (which is rare).

Room Tip: Choose a studio with a view to the sea it is so well worth it
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IsabelleKr
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Anemomilos is a truly wonderful place. Our green studio was large, clean and very cozy, with a fully equipped kitchenette and a woderful terrace overlooking the sea and the chora. Service was excellent, with the whole staff always taking care of us. Everything within the complex was clean and tidy; walking along the alleys among apartments was a real pleasure for eyes, as it all was full of brightly colored flowers spreading over shining white walls. The breakfast terrace overhanging the sea was just spectacular, something I will always keep in mind.
Of course it is not the cheapest place you may find in Folegandros, but it's actually worth staying there when visiting this beautiful island. No doubt I will come back sooner or later.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple