Anemousa Hotel
Aeolos Beach Hotel(Folegandros)
Hotel Anatoli(Folegandros)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsaegean seafirst floorincluded in the pricethe ownercomfortable bedlovely terracebooked this hotelsweeping viewsenglish speakingother hotelscycladic styleenjoy the viewbeautiful islandfell in loveano meriathe bushotel is located
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Not a whole lot to add to previous reviews but I confirm the view is perfect and the location is generally super .the walk to town even shorter than I expected (and the short hill up down to the entrance is much easier to negotiate than I thought it would be...no problem unless you really have problems walking or perhaps with high heels). My room was ground floor which was fine (I expect the 1st floor is preferable and views are even more incredible) . I was very happy with the size (big). One downside (which was mentioned by at least one other reviewer) is that there are no nets on the windows. I would suggest that at least this is necessary on the bathroom window which needs to be kept open due to the sewage smell. I had several little black flies in my room and spent 10 minutes before bed time getting rid of them..
I found the owners friendly but a bit "reserved" ie they were not very proactive in giving information (eg is there breakfast,what time is it served,whats included for the 8 euros charge, what time are the buses,etc,etc) - they also had no bus timetable at reception which would have been handy. I suspect they are just a little quiet but then perhaps would be an idea if they were to put a flyer with the basic infos in the hotel room and then we wouldn't have to ask. Re the pool - its beautiful and I had it all to myself. Another couple stuck their toes in but it was too cold for them...be warned that its freezing (last week of Aug) I am a winter swimmer and don't mind cold water but even I found it cold..so nice to have a pool but just be aware that its much colder than the sea so don't stay at this hotel just for the pool if you like warm water.
Wifi works only at reception and the terrace there which is fine...though I had some work to catch up on late at night and felt a bit odd sitting on the reception terrace when it was closed and dark..though I am sure no-one minded (nor noticed).
One small note - there are towels and the usual cake of soap but there is no shower gel nor shampoo supplied.
That all said I can recommend Anemousa and I'm I will stay again.

Room Tip: 1st floor near to swimming pool
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank athensjen8
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed here at spring in 2011 and we found that it was a very good place to stay at with goergous views to the Chora and the Panagia Church.

The building is situated ideally in a quiet location, at the edge of Chora with a 5-minute leisure walk from the center. It's a quiet and peaceful place, but close enough to everything. It’s good to know that you cannot park your car at the entrance, but there is a huge parking place nearby (1-2 minute walk and it’s free), where you can leave the car.

The path to the hotel entrance is said to be steep, but I think that it is not that uncomfortable. At night there is some light switched on, so it’s safe even then. (See the photo of the path among my pictures I uploaded about the hotel.)

Our room was somewhat nice with one double bed, towels, a little old-style TV, A/C, a little fridge and a bathroom with shower (without curtain). But the best part of the room was the balcony, which offered a great view in one direction to the white cube houses of the town, to the Panagia Church, and in the other direction to the pool, and int he middle to the sea! It was just goergous!

The price contains a free transfer from and to the port. The rooms are cleaned on a daily basis.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I've visited many islands around the Cyclades, and Anemousa is by far the hotel that I recommend the most.
The view on the Aegean sea, on the sunset and on the the town of Chora is superb, all the photos can't really show its beauty.
Rooms are very nice and clean and equipped with all the necessary facilities. The pool is beautiful, probably the best located pool on the island!
The centre of Chora can be reached in 3 minutes walk, yet the hotel is extremely quiet.
Prices are very reasonable considering what the hotel offers.
Strolling around Chora I've seen many other hotels from the outside and I think I couldn't choose better. Really hope to come back in the future!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vale1805
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed at Anemousa on our honeymoon & felt like we hit the jackpot! This hotel is one of the most affordable hotels in Chora. Our room had stunning views of the sea, a great spacious living space and bed, the largest bathroom we had access to during our entire trip, and the room was spotlessly clean. The hotel has a beautiful pool overlooking the sea.... We so enjoyed our stay at this hotel. One day I hope to return!!!! Note: the walk to Chora is only 5 min away-the hotel is perfectly located in that you are away from any noise from the city. The first minute or so of the walk is a very steep incline-don't walk in heels up or down it! On the way to town, we passed this adorable donkey in its fenced in area that we fed by going to the local grocery store and getting carrots for it. Ahhh... we have so many wonderful, fun memories of our time in Folegandros!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amyhearttravel
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My husband and I had a room here for 5 nights and loved it. The owner picked us up from the port (and dropped us off) and when we arrived we couldn't believe the view. It is amazing! The room was great with a lovely terrace, air conditioning and a comfortable bed. The swimming pool was quiet and a real luxury as we found that the beaches were quite a long way off and you needed to catch a bus and a boat to get to the nicest one and once there it didn't have any shade!
The hotel is in a perfect position as you can wander into the beautiful main town, which has so many lovely bars and restaurants, in about 5 minutes.
Really good value for money and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple