“Chic Family-Run Hotel with an Amazing View”

Blue Sand Boutique Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Folegandros
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Blue Sand has such an amazing location, perched on a hillside overlooking beautiful Agali Bay. When our ferry was over 8 hours late due to the wind, we were still met with smiles at the port and whisked away to the hotel. This hotel is really new, and is definitely one of the nicest places on Folegandros, at very reasonable rates. The breakfast is both delicious and abundant, with any type of coffee or other beverages, huge baskets of breads and cakes, plus your choice of yogurt with fruit and honey, toasted sandwich with ham and cheese...however I always asked for a single boiled egg and it came in the cutest little cup with coordinating salt and pepper shakers (see photo). They made the BEST Nescafe Frappes we had anywhere in Greece.

The beach gets busy with bussed in visitors from Hora, but by the time the first bus load appeared, we were already set up on the beach with our Blue Sand-provided umbrellas and beach chairs - a great service since none of the beaches have organized sunbeds and umbrellas.

We were a family of four, traveling with 2 children (8 and 10). Unfortunately, the largest room they have is a triple, so they put an extra bed in it, and we could barely move around in our room. There also wasn't enough space for all four of us to unpack our suitcases. I don't think the size of the rooms are as well suited to families as they could be. One bigger room would be really nice for them to add. We were traveling with a family of 3 (one child) and their triple room was the perfect size for them.

The shower has great water flow and pressure, we loved it! Also, we spent lots of time on the balcony enjoying the view with great wine from the hotel bar. They just had their wireless internet installed when we arrived, so that was very useful as well.

The restaurant just above the Blue Sand called Pasithea is delicious! I had the most amazing grilled octopus there!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 27, 2009

A hotel on the top of the best beach of Folegandros (Agkali), brand new, elegant, combining minimal style with cosy atmosphere, makes you wanna extend your stay there!
Τhe owners of the hotel make your stay ideal,as you feel like you are staying at a friend's house rather than in a hotel!
Dont miss everyday cruises from Agkali to isolated beaches as Agios Nikolaos and Livadaki and Stavro's perfect coctails during sunset!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2009

The hotel is new and the family that owns and runs it consists of four brothers and sisters with great drive and enthusiasm. I stayed in a superior double room on the upper floor which had a fantastic view of the Angali bay. It was pure heaven, especially after the crowds left in the evening and early in the morning. To be able to wake up to THIS king of beauty and serenity and sleep with the sound of the waves literally under your pillow, is a luxury not often met.
The breakfast was plenty, it consisted of croissant with bread and jam, ham and cheese toast and fresh fruit salad with greek yoghurt.
The beds were very comfortable with double pillows and nice Korres bath products. What made our stay, however, trully unforgettable were the moments that we spent sitting in the veranda late at night , gazing at zillions of stars and drinking chilled white wine. Pure bliss!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2009

The hotel was recommended by a friend of mine. I had visited Folegandros in 2001 and I was fascinated by the island. Needless to say, it was only when I saw the photos from the hotel's website that I decided to make a reservation. I stayed in the hotel for more than one week and I must say that I really enjoyed it. The hotel has a breathtaking view of Agali bay which, by the way, is 1 minute walk away. The rooms are very cosy and neat. Room service was also fine.The family who owns it is very helpful and friendly with the clients.Margarita and Katerina are very elegant and were always doing their best to make sure that everything is ok. Thumbs up for Blue Sand....a hotel that Folegandros must be proud of...

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Blue Sand has a traditional Cycladic island architecture and aesthetics combined with modern interior design. The rooms are minimally designed and very comfortable, with avant-garde furniture. The rooms are relatively spacious, very very clean, and the beds comfortable.Each room has a private veranda, a breathtaking and unique panoramic sea view.
Finally I have to say many thanks for fabulous service from the staff . When we arrived to Folegandros Stavros from the hotel was kind enough to pick up us from the port and our bags were taken to the room for us which was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I travel very often to the Greek Islands throughout the year. I have stayed to various hotels expensive and not expensive. The only thing I can say about this hotel is that it is excellent. The title of my review has to do with the fact that although I traveled alone, in Blue Sand hotel I never felt alone!
The hotel is operated by a very friendly family but at the same time at standards of a 5star hotel.
I stayed there for 5 nights and the time went by so quickly. I wanted to stay at the hotel and enjoy the fantastic view as many hours as possible. The drinks at the terrace together with the fantastic music was like being in paradise.

I surely intend to visit the same hotel this year together with my boyfriend.

Me Himself and We!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Frankmanolis
Reviewed November 10, 2008

We spent 3 days on the beautiful Island Folegandros, in July and had a wonderful time. First time for me and my daughter in Blue Sand Hotel, a beautiful hotel located in Angali Bay.

The family that runs the hotel was very friendly and helpful covering all our needs and enquires, like our transportation, info about the island, restaurants etc.

Our room had great sea view. The decoration of the room and the hotel was absolutely fabulous. We really enjoyed our breakfast with delicious homemade marmalades and cakes in the morning as the sun was rising.

Really romantic place, I would certainly recommend it to my friends for relaxing holidays, and it would surely be my first choice for my vacations next year.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JennyAthens