“GREAT INDIAN/THAI CUISINE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AEGEAN!”
Review of Oasia Restaurant - CLOSED

Oasia Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Thai
Description: Asian Restaurant, Indian and Far East Cuisine.Authentic Indian kebabs and naan breads. Indian and Thai curries, Chinese Stir fries and noodles and much more.
Athens, Greece
“GREAT INDIAN/THAI CUISINE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AEGEAN!”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have eaten at Oasia on several different occasions since I have spent my summer vacation on Antiparos island for the past 3 years. I find myself looking forward to eating there since everything on the menu is worth trying. If you are not into spicy food then the Chicken Tikka Massala is the dish for you. Make sure you get the Hara Baras as well as the Gado Gado salad for starters and accompany your main course with a basket of delicious Naan. The wine list is short but educated, I recommend the French JP Sauvignon Colombard that ties in well with the aromas of Eastern dishes.
The atmosphere is great if you want to take a break from the crowded and noisy tavernas of the island. The service is friendly, unpretentious and efficient while the prices are a pleasant surprise.
I don't think you can ask for more while on vacation!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Ino P

“Excellent experience, great food”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Friends highly recommended this restaurant and we followed their advise as they are experienced in gastronomy. We were thrilled with the food, service was excellent and the overall experience was great. We had good fun and the ratio of food quality to price was high.

As it is the second time we went there and experience was still as good (not to mention better) I took the initiative to write this review, which is something I am not used to do.

I highly recommend it.

1 Thank alxkst
Rome, Italy
“Intrigued but disppointed”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Hadn't heard much about this restaurant but it is next to a lovely bar called Yam so we thought we'd give it a try. Was excited to eat their Indian and Thai food and expected a lot due to the owner himself being of Asian decent. However we were utterly let down.
The food was bland in a way that I felt an inexperienced cook myself could have done it. I really felt they cook must have been using jars of curry paste for flavor with no authenticity at all.
The owner attempted to be nice and helpful but was very intrusive on our meal. He pestered us about its quality while we were eating. While I am sure he had good intentions it was highly irritating, perhaps this was due to us being the only people in the restaurant at prime dinner time.
It became clear that he didn't really know what he was doing and was quite out of his depth with the quality of food and general dinner etiquette and manners.

Overall our meal was not enjoyable and we felt Oasia was trying to do something which is a good idea for a lovely island but unfortunately it failed dramatically in its execution. luckily there were great cocktails at Yam next door as we certainly needed a drink after.

• Visited August 2010
jaz_oasia, Owner at Oasia Restaurant, responded to this review, July 17, 2011
Hello, wanderer187791 - I am the owner of Oasia Restaurant, and I deeply apologize for the experience you had at my restaurant. I want to let you know that I have taken your review very seriously, and I’m keen to implement changes to fix the matter. In order for me to do that, I need more details about your visit, i.e. time and date, dishes you’ve ordered etc. That will help me understand, which dishes were below your expectations and also recall what might have happened that day.

Your business matters to me, so please contact me at your earlier convenience as I would like to make it up to you and make your experience with us, much more enjoyable in the future.

I would also like to point out, that we use the freshest and best ingredients available in the island. All the spices we use, we bring them from Athens and the UK, where the quality is better and there is great variety. At no point, we make use of ready made curry out of jars and we can demonstrate that to you, next time you visit the restaurant.

We are keen to ensure that our customers have a great time in our restaurant, so we visit their table, just to ask if everything is ok and to be made aware of any customer complaints so that we can address them right away. We never stay at the table more than it is necessary, except if the customer is keen to engage in a discussion with us.

Looking forward to hearing from you and if possible, meeting you in person.

Best Regards