Apollon studios
  • Pool
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewslocation is greatone nightthe ownercleaned dailysofiabakeryterracebayferryaccommodationireneamenities
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We (2 adults, 2 kids, 10 and 14) stayed at Apollon Studies for a full week in August and I can not say enough good things about it. Spiros and his daughter Sofia and nephew Dmitri were extraordinarily warm, generous, and helpful and made us feel extremely welcome (they greeted us at the port at 2 in the morning--and even got food for my kids, who were hungry after the long boat ride from Piraeus--arranged accommodation for the one night we couldn't stay in the studio, advised us about touring the island, etc.) The studio was immaculately clean (cleaned daily) and had a large balcony with a dazzling view of the port and bay. It was located right smack in the middle of the lovely, low-key village of Aegiali, only a 5-minute walk to a long stretch of sandy beach looking out onto the beautiful bay of Aegiali (evening swims watching the sun set over the bay were a highlight). I would have loved the island of Amorgos with its stunning mountainous landscape and turquoise seas and its charming traditional villages anyway--but staying at Apollon Studios made the experience better in every way. I will definitely be returning. I can not recommend this gem of a hotel highly enough!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed there for one night during mid-July. Actually it was pure luck for me. I spent 24 hours in Amorgos on my way to Pereaus. I was walking in small allies of Aegiali, saw the place asked for a room and there I was. I stayed in the room on the top floor with the amazing large roof balcony right outside my door. The room was very clean, very specious, the bed was large and comfortable, the owner was very nice and gave me small glass of the local liqueur whenever he saw me, and the amazing roof balcony!!! One doesn't need more

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed with Spiros for four days at Apollon Studios and for another three days at his other property at Levrossos beach. Both properties are spotlessly clean and well maintained. I particularly appreciated the double glazing on the windows which kept the outside noise to an absolute minimum (I was never woken by the late night ferries at Apollon or the cicadas at Levrossos). The location of the studios is particularly convenient and provides incredibly easy access to shops, restaurants and the nearby beach (which is excellent for children).

Spiros welcomed us at Katapola and drove us to the studios, making sure all the guests on our boat were similarly looked after. His previous experience as a ferry Captain shows through in the efficient and courteous nature of his hospitality, which is very welcoming.

What impressed me most about Spiros was how he handled the problem of a small parcel we had accidentally left behind. Spiros used his ferry contacts to make sure that the package was sent via ferry to our next destination (Mykonos) without charge. This went beyond what was required and was the icing on the cake of an already excellent experience. Thanks to Spiros and Sofia for making our stay a memorable one for all the right reasons.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Rooms in the center of the village and still only a 3 minuits walk to the beach (or to the ferry). Lovely owner and staff. Very good rooms and studios, not too small, not too big and always kept clean. And the roof veranda is amazing - the space, the basil plants, the views and all the well spent time on having fruit and yoghurt never-ending breakfast´s.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had a great time,we stayed eight nights in the Apollon appartments right in the centre of Aeigiali, next to all the shops & restaurants ( particularly To Limane where we enjoyed breakfasts & dinners). The appartment was newly renovated ( with very comfortable bed!!) & a nice little terrace overlooking the harbour, & was serviced every day.
Coming from Naxos we were able to arrive at 14.00 & avoid the ferry arring at 01.00! Spiros was there to meet us & looked after us very well, plying us with plenty of psimeni raki.
Hired a car for the eight days, but could really only needed it for four.
Would be very happy to go again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple