“Discovered a new favorite dish!”

To Limani tis Kyra Katinas
Ranked #10 of 96 Restaurants in Amorgos
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I were exploring the eastern end of Amorgos and luckily decided to stop here for lunch. From the number of reviews here it looks like we stumbled on to a known gem. I had the papoutsakia (stuffed aubergines) or as our server called it, the brother of moussaka! It was probably the best thing I ate in our entire 3 week trip. I had never had it before but I liked it so much that when I saw it on 2 subsequent menus, I tried it again. Neither were as delicious as the "little shoes" from To Limani.
Excellent food, excellent wine, friendly staff, priced right. I'll definitely go back.

1  Thank akadoone

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a great taverna , serving lovely homemade food . A different choice each night depending what is in season. The portions are more than big enough and the taste is delicious. Sitting outside is nice under the trees , but on cooler.nights you can sit inside and see the food being prepared. Excellent value for money too.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for authentic Greek cuisine that combines real taste and friendly staff,
It will be hard to find a better and tasteful taverna in all Greek islands.

2  Thank Angeliki_rubia
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We ate here almost every night when we were on Amorgos, and a couple of times for breakfast and lunch. We love this place for the food and the atmosphere. It was always packed downstairs outside so we usualy ate on the roof terrace (open until mid-Septmber). Very good, extremely reasonably priced food and excellent service. We often had a couple of plates to start such as the excellent fava, beetroots, horta or cheeses, followed by a main dish. My personal favourite was the shrimp spaghetti - an enormous bowl which I would struggle to finish (but invariably did). Great meatballs, fish soup (with whole fish) and numerous other choices. My wife had the Thai food when this was availiable, and this was very good also, and a nice alternative if you are tired of Greek food (I never tire of Greek food!) The house wine is very drinkable and ridiculously low-priced. Our bill was always under or around 30 Euro including drinks - beer, wine and ouzo On the first night we had to check as we thought we had been undercharged as the bill was so low. Good breakfasts too - including bacon and eggs or honey, yogurt etc. A brilliant place!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was not very impressed by the food here. Not to say that it was bad or anything, just not as good as other choices nearby.