“Nice place to be”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Has nice atmosphere, food is nothing special, try pita kebab.i liked it. would try it again. its like souvlaki corner where you can take away souvlaki for 2,20 euros or sit and enjoy the atmosphere.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

It's a souvlaki tavern (steak house) in Chora, and not a restaurant as it is called.
The menu dissapointed us: Gyros, souvlaki, salads and starters are the main menu.
Seats were very jammed so if someone wanted to leave should tell the near table's customers to get up first.
There is a bench on the wall that was very narrow and uncomfortable.
The lamps were totally wrong with the decoration.
The staff was rather anxious to serve us and as a resault they became strict and unfriendly.
Good prices but I would prefer to eat somewhere else.
Cats are NOT WELCOMED here. It was the first time in my life that I saw people in a tavern or restaurant, or cafe,chasing cats so insistently and shooting them with water pistols to leave away !!!

1  Thank erijon
Reviewed September 5, 2012

During our 4 night stay, we went eating 3 times at Basilikos, first time mezze and a pitta plate, very nice stuffed mushrooms, second time just a pitta bread and the third time some mezze + a pitta. They are always friendly, whatever you order, also the locals come here and take out their pitta. The food is good and not too expensive. Also, even on very windy days you can sit on the terrace because it is very well protected from the wind. I would definately recommend this place! PS The previous comment about the "souvlaki place" is not honest, i don't even know if they have souvlaki. If they do, it is certainly worth a try!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

One can hardly miss the lovely and always bustling Basilikos when strolling the tiny Chora of Armogos. The pistachio colored setting is light as a Summer breeze and the scent of Basil wafts through the air. We squeeze into a tiny corner table, protected from tonight's howling winds and study the excitingly different menu. I must admit that after traveling the Greek islands for a few weeks, I am "Moussakaed and Tzazikid" out. Just the word Rocca can put me into some state of food bliss. There are a few interesting salads, a welcome change from my daily 'tomato-cucumber-feta' routine, a varied choice of starters and some delicious sounding mains, like liver, juicy veal or stuffed pitta. The charming owner George explains that most food is locally sourced, even the veal and liver come from island raised animals. Happy Food! Happy ME!
We order 1/2liter of red, an organic house wine that won't win a medal but is very drinkable, enough to get us a 2. round. I decide on the Rocca-Parmesan Salad and of course, the liver and my hubby takes the big size veal and a baked cheese with peppers to start.
My salad is fresh, peppery and huge (big enough for two) but I finish it in no time, having been totally deprived of greens. The baked cheese is served on a wooden board and the approving sounds of my better half don't need words. The veal, again served on a big wooden tray (and with a steak knife!) is absolutely delicious. My liver is good, but it would be better on a bed of caramelized onions and some creamy mashed potato. This is one big mystery to me, the lack of potato dishes in Greece. When did every side order become french fries?
Still in the mood for a sweet after we order some LOUKOMADES from next door. Served with honey, cinnamon and ice-cream ( and the complimentary Honey-Raki) it is the perfect end to our meal.
The bill was very reasonable, the service impeccable, the setting beautiful and the food very very yummy.
We will be back for sure!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Please ignore the two previous reviews from Petter(who can't even spell his name properly) and Kapavou who says that this is just another souvlaki place which serves mushroom pie! I would seriously rate both these reviews as dodgy probably written by "jealous" neighbours.

We had pork loin which juicy and tender, lovely locally sourced mushrooms stuffed with spicy cheese, pork and chicken souvlaki which were with wrapped in a soft pitta stuffed with
tzatziki, onions, tomatoes and a very tasy mustard sauce; lovely grilled locally sourced vegetables, and amazing hand cut chips. The owner, George, was very helpful with helping us with making up our minds and not ordering the whole menu. He also told us where to go and what to see during our two day stay.
We ended up going there twice!