“Overpriced and due an upgrade”
Review of Voula Beach Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amorgos
Voula Beach Rooms
Ranked #13 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Amorgos
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We've stayed at Voula beach over the years and it is a lovely setting in a treed garden and the people are very pleasant. BUT the garden rooms we stayed in need a serious clean up. Slightly run down, electrical fittings pinned to walls. All charming and rustic but not worth E30 a night compared to places we stayed at on Antiparos and Koufonissia for E30

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We come from Italy and we stayed 5 days in this beautiful place from 27 to 31 of july, the position is perfect, near the port but in a silent and nice corner, full of flowers and small shops. The rooms are clean and confortable, and they also have a private space in the garden to eat under the trees and the flowers. We immediately felt at home and after some days in another Island we decided to come back for one last night because we missed it! A special thanks to the owner, a very kind and elegant woman.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Voula Beach has never disappointed us yet. We have been there, oh, three or four times. The people are very friendly, it's absolutely clean and charming. For a special experience, make sure you reservate/get Studio 1, as it offers a great balcony and view over the harbour of Katapola. The whole bay can be your living-room. But please don't stay there, if I want to have it. Kalo taxidi,

Room Tip: Studio 1. But below is also good. They have a wonderful garden
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Near the port and restaurants, up a quaint little street line with an art gallery and bookstore, in the center yet away from it all. There are many rooms in the large garden complex and based on reviews some must be nicer than the one I stayed in. My room had a bathroom and sink, but the room was very small, barely enough room to move in, nowhere to sit except on the bed. Room for only one small old worn out stool which i put my luggage on, there was no space for the fridge it was outside of the room! I am a fairly small person and I felt very claustrophobic in the room. It smelled like raw sewage was dimly lit so it made the room feel unclean. It was also next to the supply closet so it was noisy early in the morning when the cleaning lady begins her work. The last 2 days the cleaning lady just stopped cleaning my room?! I had a very uncomfortable stay. The price was alright but for the same price, i moved to alexandros rooms across from them and the room was twice the size and with a balcony! I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't be satisfied with the first room shown, ask if they have another to show you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

This little hotel is situated about one minute walk from the tiny harbour in the little town of Katapola on the island of Amorgos. This is my third trip here in three years running and each time I've stayed in this charming little hotel. The rates are very competitive, the rooms clean and the personnel (though hard to find sometimes) friendly and helpful. Most of the tourists staying here are French as indeed as are most of the tourists who come to this island.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We only spent a few days in Voula Beach Rooms this July, but I would certainly go back and I highly recommend it. It does have some flaws - the usual ones you find on greek islands, ie. plumbering could be redone and no parking space (actually you can park on the village parking lot-free- about 300m away), but the room was quite spacey (that is something you don't often find), cozily decorated and very well located in the center of Katapola, quite near the port. At the same time, no noise, since the property is a magnificent building/group of buildings with a big garden, it feels like a neighbourhood. And fortunately we got the impression that most residents were French, which means very quiet people (including small children - try living next to a bunch of greek families, and you'll see what I mean). The owner, Mrs Litsa, is particulary nice and helpful.
Small inconvenience, it would be nice to have the room cleaned every morning (but then again I admit this is no hotel, so it is normal not to come every day) and they could fix the bathroom window - not that we complained to let them now that it did not close properly! In all, highly recommended place to stay on an extremely beautiful island.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2010

A delightful discovery in a sleepy harbour on a quaint Greek Island.
The best accomodation I have come across for independent like minded travellers. It was a joyful experience in 2009 after busy Mykonos, Ios and SAntorini. So I'm heading back this year 2010 as the secret is out!