Palazzo Vecchio Exclusive Residence(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$105
$146
$117
$168
$150
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$238
$231
  • Pool
$154
  • Breakfast included
Bellagio Boutique Hotel(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$120
$176
$140
$136
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Leoniki Residence(Platanias)(Great Value!)
$60
$36
  • Pool
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $48/night.

$404
$372
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsone bedroom suitefresh and tasty foodside sea viewold townrooms are beautifulsmall poolfresh towelsgreat hotelwould definitely stay here againrental carlovely beachevery morningrestaurants and shopstop floorthe hotel staffhalf boardminute walk
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

One month ago my husband and I booked 9 nights in this not very big but charming hotel. We chose Sea view Suite Junior. The first impression of the hotel is that it is very clean, very nice design of interior and very warm hearted personnel. We arrived very late, about midnight, the reception was open and we were very well treated. We were offered some welcome drinks and snacks, which was very nice after the flight and an hour's drive. The check in took us 5 min max and we got our room straight after. This was a double space room with huge bathroom with double sink. Big entrance space with wardrobe and mirror and little space with table, chairs and sofa. Our bedroom was big enough with the balcony and separate terrace with sunbeds. There was a kettle in the room to make coffee and tea. So we were very happy with what we had booked.
The breakfast was included in the price of the room. It was not what we were expecting but not bad at all, there were some good choices. The coffee was not very good and sadly the Greek coffee was not offered and served only for extra.
There is a nice small swmiming pool, towels are available at the reception all the time and everyday. There is a small nice bar close to the swimming pool and very good restaurant, unfortunately we ate there only once, it worth going there more)
The room is cleaned everyday and I loved the toiletries (shampoo, hair conditioner and shower gel).
And particular attention to the personnel of the hotel, very kind, ready to help and to advise where to go and what to visit, so friendly and so adorable.
I really liked the hotel and we spent very good vacations there.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lenok_lenok83
Reviewed November 7, 2017

We stayed there end of October with a TV- Crew of 12 persons. It's a great hotel, and the rooms are beautiful furbished with great attention to details. We had such a warm welcome from an extraordinary friendly staff with drinks and finger food. What ever we needed from the staff and management, they helped us with everything. A special thank you to Nikos, the sales manager, Lina from the reception and George, the F & B men and of course the rest of the staff. The hotel is located directly at the beach front and it's a 10 minutes walk to the old town and harbour of beautiful Rethymno. The breakfast was also really good with lots of choice and always a glass of fresh orange juice served by the chef himself.
Just one tipp: Put a sign with the hotel's name also at the front side of the hotel as you can't find it easily. Will come back again for sure!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2017

When arriving we got an unusually nice welcome. We were served drinkks and sandwitches. The reception lady excorted us to the hotel room and gave us all necessary information.
The room was well equipped, with a coffie machine, a small fridge without a freezer, a deposit box and a TV.
There were relatively good space in the closet. The beds were good and the aircondition worked well.
The bathroom had good space for toilet bags.
The breakfast was quite ok with a good choice of fresh bread. The chef make omelets from your choise of ingedients. You also get a glass of fresh pressed orange juice.
The wi-fi works well both in the room and in the reception area and is free of charge.
The pool is small so most gests go across the road to the beach where you pay a reduced price if you tell you are living in Swell Hotel.
It is less than a km to the old town area. There are also recommended restaurants close by the hotel.
Swell Hotel is definitely a hotel I could choose for our nest trip to Rethymnon.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located in a area where there is not much, unless you are 70 +, the breakfast at hotel is awfull, I did even want to try anything ( fruits were there since many days, meat weird colors, eggs in so much oil), one night we called for ice bucket, the guy at reception asked us to come and get it we said excuse me? Finally someone came with a small plastic cup with ice, I said I ask for a bucket the guy said I don't have so I reply ok Ill give you a plastic bag and you can fill it up
With ice, them he said we don't have ice ...
Not much to add
If you go to Crete go more
In Charnia area way more to do

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2017

This was my third stay at this excellent hotel, and I will definitely come again!
Each time I come here I feel welcomed as if I came to my relatives in Greece!
I would compare my stays in 2014 (just opened after renovation), 2015 and April 2017 to state that the level of comfort and service remains highest, but each time I see things that are changing at the hotel to meet the guests' advice and wishes. From 2014 to 2015, a small pool in the bar area appeared and a stove was moved into the restaurant area for the guests to order the eggs to their choice at breakfast; from 2015 to 2017 a room with a private pool was made in 2 floor, and a new gym moved from 2 floor to the basement, but was renewed and improved - although to me it is somewhat surprising to look for a gym near the sea that is the best gym ever :)
I would also like to comment the hotel's definite advantages in my opinion:
The hotel is first line from the seafront - which explains the price; and also the price is explained by the Boutique class of the hotel. This was my choice - there are definitely cheaper places, with good service, but they would be located way farther from the sea beach, which is right across the road from this hotel. And also, I prefer smaller hotels to "All Inclusive" types with lots of people in every place, especially restaurants.
The road is not very busy, although some traffic does exist, but it did not bother, and at night it is altogether calm, even in any room facing the street and with open windows. Then you can ear sea breeze at night, if the condition does not have to be put on (in April we didn't have to use it, so it was really great to hear the see as you get to sleep and wake up each morning).
The hotel staff is so friendly that I couldn't imagine any negative comments re this - each guest's wish is immediately attended to, and the welcome is really sincere, with the reception and restaurant staff ready to do whatever in order to please their guests. Even the room maids (that would not speak much to the guests) are friendly.
Our room has always been perfectly clean, and we have stayed the third time in the same room with a side sea view (room 52 in 5th floor, that is a 2 level room with a bedroom upstairs and a a lounge with 2 comfortable sofas) that also offers nice views over Fortezza and the mountains. I like big terrace and nice room design.
I think generally the hotel is developing dynamically and has great chances to become number one in Rethymno, as the hotel team are doing the best they can to provide the best accommodation and service.
We also had a chance to visit the farm belonging to the hotel owner's family that supplies the restaurant with top quality fresh farm products - would definitely advise to but some and take with you as local taste, if they have in stock.

Room Tip: Room 52, as it offers side sea and old Fortezza and mountain view. It is quite spacious and up to 4 people can sleep quite comfortably.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends