“Love, love, love this hotel!”
Review of Hotel Leo

Hotel Leo
Ranked #70 of 175 Hotels in Rethymnon
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at the Leo Hotel for 5 nights and loved every moment of it. The location of the hotel in the middle of the old town is perfect, a wide variety of restaurants and bars close-by. The room totally lived up the the pictures we saw on the website and on bookings.com. When we arrived we even had the choice between two different rooms. The room including bathroom was very clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is served just outside the hotel (100% greek old town city feeling) and is very good value for th 5 Euro.

We can recommend this hotel 100% and will definately be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Leo

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Excellent location, great hospitality, and very big rooms.
The host was extremely nice and helped us with information about the area and restaurants.
We added 5 euros for the breakfast, and it was absolutely worth it!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here and found the hotel to be very charming, and the service excellent. The renovation has been very tastefully done and it feels very Venetian. The location is wonderful - right in the heart of the old town, but no noise. There is no parking, something to be aware of if you are renting a car. You have a choice of breakfast added on top or to go out elsewhere, which was fine, as there are so many options. A little bit of crockery for those who like to occasionally depart from a Greek breakfast and just have a bit of muesli would be handy but we made do, and really the continental breakfast was good value considering the fresh juice! We would stay here again if we returned.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013

When we arrived at midnight I was thinking where are we, the owner was still there to welcome us & showed us to our beautiful old rooms I was still thinking where are we, then to wake and see the beautiful old town it was Devine just beautiful I loved it felt very safe and we found the most amazing restaurant the last night it is a must to go to Avil restaurant it was so beautiful the service was excellent & it's boy so even better guys buy yr ladies Moët from a bottle shop then take to restaurant lol.
There is 1 laundromat & all I can say don't go there unless you want yr clothes to shrink the ladies doesn't understand English so honestly don't go here..
Jules & mike

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Me and my husband stayed there only 1 night. We REALLY enjoyed the hotel. It was very clean, high ceilings, modern bathroom with prime location (3 minutes to the beach with all restaurants). Lady who runs the hotel was so polite and even helped me carrying my bags to the car. I would definitely stay there again!

1  Thank lizunchik24
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I spent 4 nights here at the end of August. From the moment I arrived, the experience was very positive. The front desk staff was very friendly. The hotel is in a great location. There isn't an elevator but the staff helped me carry my luggage upstairs. I LOVED my room. Beautiful stone walls, high ceiling, two little balconies, very roomy, nice decor. Breakfast was served in the little alleyway outside the hotel. Lovely. Every time I was out there, people were taking pictures of the area because it was that photogenic! Breakfast was OK -- simple bread, jellies, fruit, coffee, juice and then a choice of one item such as eggs from the menu.
Location could not be beat. Just walk out the front door and you are in the heart of the action of old town -- shops, restaurants, etc. The beach was about a 15 minute walk to the east.
The staff was very helpful.
If I return to Rethymno, I know where I am staying!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Because someone had to leave a day early we were able to get the last available room in this hotel and boy....what a room! First we came to a double hobbit-size door, down some steps into a room with a vaulted ceiling. The bed mattress was placed on a platform at the end of the room, curtains draped in front of it and could only be reached on all fours. The bath was in the room itself and wash basin and toilet in a separate space. Do not get me wrong. It was the sort of room you will never forget but if you have physical restrictions this is definitely not the room for you. I believe that hotel Leo has more conventional rooms so this review is just about this particular room. Breakfast was basic but good. The location of the hotel is splendid and staff are very friendly indeed.

1  Thank marjavdoorn