“Excellent!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #93 of 165 Hotels in Rethymnon
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel is everything we could have expected and more. Travelled 21-05/28-05/13 with a young family in tow. The Hotel is only three years old and is spotless and all the rooms have excellent views of Rethymnon. With only approximately 40 rooms I don't expect the hotel ever gets to over crowded.
Yes there is a little bit of a steep hill to walk back up from Rethymnon town but I found it to be a nice little walk that takes no more than 15 mins or so which I rewarded myself with a cold beer at the top. If you have done you research before you travel then you know this hotel is a little out of town but I found it to be nice and quiet which is what we wanted as a family. The pool was nice and clean again with excellent views. Food was more than adequate with continental style breakfast and a variety of evening meals (Buffet style also). We were on a HB basis. Drinks at the hotel are also very reasonably priced.
My only issue with the hotel was the extra cost for things that I would be expected to be included in the price of the holiday. I.E Air conditioning/Safe in the room and fridge which if you were to have all three would add an extra £75 to the cost of your stay for a week. We did'nt feel that we needed any of these and more than coped.
Top tip is to shop around, we happened to bump into a lone english female traveller during our stay whom paid £600 for 3 weeks half board/flights/transfers (Bargain). Without a shadow of a doubt I would visit this hotel again!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jon B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Finding the hotel would have been difficult without my faithful GPS. It is situated in a forest (as the name suggests) at the back of Rethymnon with excellent views over the town.

The hotel is well designed and attractive to look at. We had a room in one of the separate blocks of accommodation. Lovely room with the bedroom set on a mezzanine floor. the staff were also very attentive.

However, I felt that the lack of hot water was a failure of the hotel - it was reasonably warm in the morning but only tepid by the evening. Also I felt that the quality of the meals were somewhat of a disappointed.

I cannot imagine that I will be revisiting.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms in the garden.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Went to Rethymno for the first time this week, absolutely fantastic stay at Forest Park Hotel. Beautiful setting out of town, so nice and quiet. Hotel was completely spotless, room had everything we needed. Stay was made even more special because of the bar man Manolis and all the rest of the staff, all very friendly and helpful. Fab food too at dinner time. Couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable stay in a beautiful place, massive thank you to all of the staff at Forest Park!

Room Tip: All of them have fab views!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The great things about this hotel are the fantastic views of the city, and the overall condition and cleanliness, apart from that there's nothing fantastic. While the location is nice and quiet (no traffic noise or loud music) the hotel itself is very 'unpeaceful' -partly due to its structure (marble floors, doors that have to be slammed shut etc.) and partly to loudmouthed foreigners that have no respect for other guests, and to top it all, the hotel owner seems to think that a caged parrot and minah bird near reception are a nice touch, -very pretty but their shrill tones travel far too well, far too early!
The hilltop location can also be a problem logistically, as the nearest choice of decent eateries are a 20 minute (downhill) walk away, then a 5 euro taxi ride back, and if you hire a car (recommended for seeing the island and can work out a lot cheaper than organised trips) the hotel is a nightmare to find through all the one way streets and dead ends, as Rethymnon is bigger than it looks on the map and driving in the city is best well avoided.
Finally, while the staff are friendly and helpful (speaking good English) the hotel seems to be completely German orientated, with nothing in reception, or on the info board, written in English -and just the one English speaking channel on the room tv.

Room Tip: As far away from the reception area as possible may be the quieter option.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
lincolnshire
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed in the above hotel in September, I have to say it was one of the best hotels I have stayed in Greece, it has been refurbished, it was very clean and very well run everyone was fo helpful
The breakfasts were very nice a bit different each day, we didn't have the evening meal as we like to try out the local taverna's .
We found that there was a lot of German's staying in the hotel, didn't bother us as it was an excuse not to talk to anyone.
It was a steep hill going down into the town every day, but we managed it twice a day apart from a couple of times when we got a taxi but that was only e5 so not expensive....
It was a lovely view looking over Rethymnon whilst having a drink..
You will not be dissapointed if you stay here

5 Thank sidami
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the above hotel between 15 - 22 September 2012 in room for two on 2nd floor with side view of Rethymno harbour/city. Forest Park is beautifully situated in pine forest on the hill with view of whole Rethymno, it has around 45 rooms. It was our first holiday trip in few years time therefore we were quite nervous whether or not the hotel will meet our expectations. I can only tell now - SURELY YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED! The Forest Park has been fully renovated around 2010, our room was very modern with wooden floor and green decorations. Room cleaned on daily basis and also towels were changed. I must say all facilities in the building and around were kept in good condition, same as plants surrounding the hotel area - watered every day. Swimming pool was amazing but not overcrowded with water high between 130 - 165 cm; there were green sun beds and outside shower/ toilets but again not too many people were using them which was a plus. Hotel staff very helpful and friendly. I would say 80% of guests were German but they were very charming and friendly cohabitants - somehow as the hotel is in peaceful area its guests were also 'peacefully oriented'. There were few English and Polish couples. We went for HB option - breakfasts were ok, however not too much of a choice - mainly ham, cheese and fresh baguettes, jams, cereals, two types of juice, also coffee and tea free of charge. Everyday there was one extra/different 'dish' on top of that (fresh cucumbers/tomatoes/peaches in yogurt, sausages/scrambled eggs etc). Suppers were brilliant: always choice of quite few Greek salads and veg, choice of Greek hot dishes and a desert. Drinks were reasonably priced: soft up to 3 euro; cocktails: 6,5 euro. I could not wait until 19:30 as suppers were so yummy! There was an Internet access near reception: 0,50 euro for 15 mins. If you walk down around 800 metres you could reach sea/town - I'm so glad we did not get a hotel near main street close to the beach as it was quite loud and chaotic out there! you must remember that Forest Park is sitting on the hill. This was quite a challenge when we were getting back to the hotel in hot and sultry weather (in September!), so this is not for people who are not fit! I can only say this was the best holidays by a mile and I felt in love with Crete! I miss the view by night so much! Do not hesitate, it's worth it. Efcharisto Forest Park, we will be back!

4 Thank Monika S
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for a week and we loved it. Really peaceful and relaxing. The views are outstanding and the staff are really friendly. Would definitely stay here again.
Only criticism was having to pay for things that I would expect as standard (a safe in the room for example), but this is just me being picky.
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay here again in a second.

2 Thank DanAdair