After staying in beautiful accommodations on the beach on Mykonos and overlooking the caldera on Santorini my wife and I were not sure that anything could match these experiences as we traveled by ferry to the island of Crete. That is, until we arrived at Avli Lounge Apartments in Rethymnon. From the moment our taxi arrived at Avli and the door opened with a personal welcome by name, we knew this was going to be a special place. Located in the heart of the “Old City”, the charming ambiance that greeted us was refreshing. We felt as if we were part of a big Greek family within the first 5 minutes of arriving! If you are looking for “touristy glitz and glitter”, this would not be the place for you. But if you want to genuinely experience the wonderful sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of Greek culture, Avli is ideal. The hospitality of the staff was outstanding, with attention given to every detail and personal service. In particular, Thanasis, Johnnie, and Zoe (picture below) went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was warmly memorable. The food was magnificent, the people beyond compare, and our stay was not nearly long enough. We can’t wait to return and can clearly recommend Avli (restaurant and accomodations) as a most wonderful place to enhance your “Greek experience.” Yamas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small boutique - only seven suites - hotel in the middle of the old town of Rethymno. Each suite ranges from 375 sq.feet to 645 sq.feet and each is decorated differently using a color scheme. Two junior suites and one penthouse suite feature an open plan Jacuzzi tub inside the room and two junior and the two executive suites feature same Jacuzzi tub in a separate area. All suites are equipped with a refrigerator/mini bar, satellite TV, stereo, safe deposit box, internet access. The penthouse suite features two balconies, one executive suite features a Romeo&Juliet balcony and the second executive suite features one balcony. The building itself is a 15th-century Venetian mansion that was renovated in 2006. The suites are served by an award winning restaurant - considered one of the best in Greece - featuring a wine cellar with over 400 labels of wine and a courtyard where guests can enjoy their breakfast (included n the price of the suite). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Avli Lounge Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avli Lounge Apartments Hotel Rethymnon
- Avli Lounge Apartments Rethymnon, Crete