Our family of two adults and two teenagers spent 4 days in August at the Avli Lounge Apartments in the Blue Suite. This inn is a real treasure in the old section of Rethymnon. The room was magnificent with both eclectic and antique furnishings, exposed stone walls, wood beamed ceilings and large enough to easily accommodate 4 people. The room had a small balcony that looked out onto a pedistrian street. The Avli restaurant, which is also a visual treat, is a block away (3 minute walk).
The stay was made exceptional due to Thanasis, the owner of the inn. He is a true warm hearted host who honestly cares about your stay and ensures that everything meets all your expectations. He arranged for a cab to pick us at the Heraklion ferry and followed up when it was getting late to confirm all was well. Once we arrived at the Avli he welcomed us into his wonderful restaurant and had prepared a cheese dish and wine so that we could unwind after a tumultuous ferry ride from Santorini to Crete. At breakfast and dinner he would chat with us about our day and any upcoming plans. He would make recommendations for any daily excursions in the area and other restaurants - in fact, he personally walked us to a pizza restaurant in the area since my daughter wanted pizza one night. He then cam by at dessert time to ensure we enjoyed our meal. Thanasis is a true proprietor and we all left having a new friend. He has set the bar for other hoteliers.
I would highly recommend the Avli.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small boutique - only ten suites - hotel in the middle of the old town of Rethymno. Each suite ranges from 375 sq.feet to 645 sq.feet and each is decorated differently using a color scheme. Two junior suites and one penthouse suite feature an open plan Jacuzzi tub inside the room and two junior and the two executive suites feature same Jacuzzi tub in a separate area. All suites are equipped with a refrigerator/mini bar, satellite TV, stereo, safe deposit box, internet access. The penthouse suite features two balconies, one executive suite features a Romeo&Juliet balcony and the second executive suite features one balcony. The building itself is a 15th-century Venetian mansion that was renovated in 2006. The suites are served by an award winning restaurant - considered one of the best in Greece - featuring a wine cellar with over 400 labels of wine and a courtyard where guests can enjoy their a la carte breakfast (included n the price of the suite). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Avli Lounge Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avli Lounge Apartments Hotel Rethymnon
- Avli Lounge Apartments Rethymnon, Crete