“Truly Fabulous Boutique Hotel”
Review of Palazzo Rimondi

Palazzo Rimondi
Ranked #61 of 175 Hotels in Rethymnon
Reviewed June 24, 2013

To stay at the Palazzo Rimondi is to experience the true warmth of the Cretan people! From being met off the coach by the manager to amble through the delightful streets of Rethymno,the wecoming glass of raki and the fabulous cluster of old buildings around a delightful courtyard---- immediately you feel as if you are in the true heart of Crete.Being in the old town,everything is within easy walking distance,bars,restaurants and lovely shops,full of olive products and honey.The people are just so friendly,we loved every minute of our holiday and the staff at the hotel treated us as if we were their family.We loved them all.Our suite--- room 108---- was amazing,kitchenette,sitting room,upstairs bedroom and lovely terrace.Ohhhh,We want to return.There is so much to see and do in and around Rethymno but if like us,you just want to chill out,it is perfect.I would recommend Rethymno and Palazzo Rimondi to anyone.Not one of the giant concrete blocks,real Crete,Venetian colourings abound,both in and around the hotel!I would say it is probably not one for families,but there are plenty of others for them.Also lots of stairs may not be suitable for everyone,but for us it was perfect.

Room Tip: Ask to be upstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Valerie S
There are newer reviews for Palazzo Rimondi

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for 10 days and booked 3 rooms. The setting was great , right in the middle of the old town. We used a shuttle to get us from the airport to rethymon and one of the hotel staff came out of the old town to meet us and guide us in. All the rooms are different some have mezzanine beds, others are suites but all were clean and very comfortable, most have basic kitchen facilities. The staff were really friendly and helpful, with special mention to Elini, Sophia and Maria. The breakfast was a buffet but there was a good variety. Rethymon was a great base for our first visit to Crete and we would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank debbieSouthampton
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband Jay and I spent 3 days here, our first time to Crete. The staff particularly Helena and Maria went out of their way on every ocassion to help is w tours, recommendations and just made us feel so welcome. They remembered our wedding anniversary w a bottle of wine and an upgraded room. We so enjoyed talking to the staff every opportunity we could.

It is located on a nice quiet street, yet close to everything. The breakfast buffet had everything you could want (don't miss the fresh squeezed orange juice). The food was delicous, the courtyard (and the beanbag chairs so comfortable),,pool, bed were heavenly. You certainly wanted to linger longer!

Room Tip: We enjoyed restaurants Prima Plora (try to get a table close to the ocean), Alana, and for a quick b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Louise H
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I write moments before I leave to return home. Eleni, Stella and all the staff have treated us like family, they have provided the highest levels of professionalism, combined with a genuine love of their hospitality. The Palazzo Rimondi is set in the heart of Rethymno's old town. Every street you turn into is like a film set, charming and magical. The setting is steeped in history, character and interest. Rooms are scrupulously clean and the pool in the courtyard is a delight on a hot day. Don't waste your time looking for anywhere else, this is the place to stay.

Σας ευχαριστώ πολύ είστε καλοί άνθρωποι. Αγάπη από την Ιρλανδία.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank TheMayorofNantes
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I have just spent our first holiday in Crete and returned with many happy memories of our stay in Rethymnon at the enchanting Palazzo Rimondi. The staff, particularly Eleni and Maria were welcoming and efficient and nothing was too much trouble for them. Our room, number 303, was excellent, a large bedroom with seating area and a kitchen with cooker, fridge and sink. The courtyard area with the small pool and tables and chairs was lovely and beautifully planted with greenery. Everything was extremely clean, the breakfast good and the situation of the hotel couldn`t have been better. We were in the heart of the old town but it was so quiet in our room at night you would never have thought it. My husband and I rarely go back to places as we like to try somewhere new but I feel we will be returning to the Palazzo Rimondi and Rethymnon.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room overlooking the courtyard and pool area and on the first floor. Room 303 is...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kathy H
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I cannot fault this hotel. I wanted to stay somewhere which felt like our own apartment, a place that was quirky, had character and reflected the Venetian Greek feel of the town. But it also had air-con, discreetly tucked in a corner. Perfect.

We, my wife and I, were not disappointed. The room was wonderfully appointed, clean and spacious, oooozing character. The courtyard entrance literally took my wife's breath away, it's little plunge pool reflecting back at you when you arrive and each time you pass through, or as you take in the myriad of features and sup your coffee or beer.

The staff are delightful. The perfect balance between accommodating, a genuine interest in us and our care BUT also able to judge the time to leave you to it. It is, after all, OUR holiday and they hosted us like a generous relative giving us the keys to their pride and joy of a home, rather than a hotel.

It's situation is perfect, amongst the windy streets and with many, many, many amazing restaurants just feet away.

Stay here. I would return time and time again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank st7ckolas
Reviewed May 26, 2013

After staying a week at Palazzo Rimondi I was absolutely satisfied by my period there. Amazing hotel, accompanied with excellent services and hospitality, placed at the most beautiful place of Crete. Definitely worth the price. Thanks Palazzo Rimondi for the unique experience. Looking forward to come back.

• Stayed: May 2013