I've chosen this hotel mainly because of its location. It is within walking distance to the old town, and close to the harbor. The thing is I've chosen this hotel instead of other 3 star hotels in the area, because this was a 4 star hotel, and from the pictures it looked like one. But the pictures are a 'bit' misleading.
Other than that, wi-fi was not really working, sometimes it did. The hotel does not have any parking spaces, nor there is a car-park close by.
I loved the pool area, which is on the top floor of the hotel, amazing views of the harbor and old town. Only went for sunbathing, so no reviews of the pool or the bar.
Overall, it was a good price for good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to ACHILLION PALACE, the most comfortable and friendly hotel in Rethymnon.It is situated in the most beautiful quarter of the city, just a breath away from the seafront and very close to the entrance to the old settlement, whose narrow streets lead to the imposing medieval castle and the picturesque Venetian port.Modern and well-organized, it perfectly blends unique comfort with the traditional Cretan hospitality and aspires to become the ideal base for your activities in the city or your escapes in the greater area.ACHILLION PALACE heartily welcomes you, ready to make your stay truly memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Achillion Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Achillion Palace Hotel Rethymnon
- Achillion Palace Rethymnon, Crete