The best thing about this hotel is its location, close to the beach and old town, although the view from the terrace was bad, as the hotel is facing a dusty street. Also most of the stuff are kind and professional, especially the girl at the reception and the man with glasses (I am sorry, but I don't know their names). The room was nothing special, but decent and cleaned daily, with air con which worked well. In fact, I must say that as our room is concerned the maids did the great job. The breakfast was more than adequate, with lots of variety to choose from.
As for the bad things, I would say that almost all of them have to do with the bathroom, which was extremely small. We didn't have hot water for two days (other guests told me that one day they didn't have water at all, luckily we spent that whole day in Chania). Our towels were not changed regulary, but again the maids were kind and always gave us the new towels, after asking for them. The worst thing was the behavior of the person working at the pool bar, who was extremely rude. Although we used pool area only for a few hours during our 10 days stay in the hotel, one day we were warned not to use separate sun umbrellas, although it was a plenty of them free, but instead to lie under one umbrella. What would happen if someone is in a single room? He/she could not use the umbrella at all.
All in all, I would not recommend this hotel, as it seems to me that for the price paid, you could get a much better acommodation in Rethymnon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to ACHILLION PALACE, the most comfortable and friendly hotel in Rethymnon.It is situated in the most beautiful quarter of the city, just a breath away from the seafront and very close to the entrance to the old settlement, whose narrow streets lead to the imposing medieval castle and the picturesque Venetian port.Modern and well-organized, it perfectly blends unique comfort with the traditional Cretan hospitality and aspires to become the ideal base for your activities in the city or your escapes in the greater area.ACHILLION PALACE heartily welcomes you, ready to make your stay truly memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Achillion Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Achillion Palace Hotel Rethymnon
- Achillion Palace Rethymnon, Crete