Grecotel Creta Palace Hotel
Pepi Boutique Hotel(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$109
$133
  • Breakfast included
Aquila Porto Rethymno(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$229
$162
$138
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Leoniki Residence(Platanias)(Great Value!)
$56
$37
  • Pool
Casa Moazzo Suites & Apartments(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$146
$140
HotelQuickly
All reviewsfamily bungalowkids' clubbeach bargolden dragontasty cornermain buildinglounge chairs and umbrellastennis courtsa la carte restaurantsfree lunchrussian guestsmini marketsea waterbeach resortkids poolhotel areamain pool
Reviewed August 5, 2014

For an old hotel i was expecting the worse specially after reading some of the comments! with full occupancy sometimes running above 100% you can certainly forgive the staff for one small mistake or feeling a bit rushed. some were doing 3 jobs just to make the guests as comfortable as possible. Hospitality of People i dont need to say much about if you knew Cretans you would know youll get Sincerity and hospitality. The hotel location is away from the busy beaches but it only takes you 5 min taxi ride to get to town. beach is really fresh and nice. Ok in high season full of families & kids and swimming pool chairs are limited especially that some guests reserve places without using them so just head to the life guard and she will sort a place for you. we just want to thank everyone Maria, Michalis, Paris, Popi, Sofia, and Brasserie Yanis Kathrena and kids club reps Katrina and Maria. we really enjoyed our trip we hope will see you all soon

Room Tip: Renovation is not finished completely all types of rooms have old and new make sure you Pick the new renovated section and 4th floor less noise from kids running and pulling chairs. if you sleep by 10 then chose a room facing the garden side as music and parties on the pool side go on till 10:30 - 11 PM.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank TravelJunkii
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a good quality hotel where we could relax for a few days. With the Creta Palace, we found it.
Despite arriving at 23.30 we were offered dinner, in the restaurant, which we refused, and the service and customer care continued throughout the remainder of our stay.
Despite all of the meals being buffet style, the quality of the food and service were exemplary led clearly by the General Manager who was constantly "doing his rounds" finding fault, identifying potential maintenance problems (which were corrected immediately) and ensuring that all of his clients received the levels of service one expects from a "luxury" hotel.
Breakfast offered a superb selection of both hot, freshly cooked, and cold dishes whilst the dinner menus were non-repetitive, well cooked and presented,
Service in the restaurants, of which only the main restaurant, the Atrium, Barside Grill and The Barbarossa were open during our stay, were well supervised and extremely professional with a good selection of wines, Cretan, Greek and World-wide, modestly priced, many of which could be purchase at the store in the store in "the hotel's village, for consumption in ones room.
Bedrooms were spacious and extremely clean and well maintained, although my wife did identify a few minor problems with dirty grouting and remedial plastering in the bathrooms. She was impressed by the automatic "turn-down" service each evening, something seldom seen in hotels these days.
Having owned and managed hotels throughout my life I was surprised at the quality of service throughout, with perhaps the exception of the beach-bar outlet where I felt the price of food was unproportional with the rest of the hotel.
Overall both my wife and I are looking forward our next visit and will certainly be trying other hotels within the Grecotel group.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mike488
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Possibility of staying in this hotel didn't look very bright to me, as I only saw it as a family hotel with huge number of kids wandering around and no place for me to find something interesting. Though, as I have started experiencing the environment of the hotel, I have felt some relief due to the quality of service and beauty in every little detail. Moreover, as soon as I have made acquaintance with some of the staff, all my concerns perished. I would like to say a huge 'Thank you' and 'Hooray' to the team of animators, who not only helped me with looking after my little sister in a massive way, but have also made it easier for me to have magnificently enjoyable holidays.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Илья П
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We’ve travelled in Greece in June-July 2014 and this was the best hotel we experienced. Good value (luxury) for the price (except for the beach bar, way too expensive compared to other similar places), the beach is beautiful and very well equipped, breakfast buffet excellent even if it is not changing too much from one day to the other, rooms are spacious, quiet and very clean. We prefer the sea, but one must say that the swimming pool is great, very large and deep Even if it is not really spectacular, there are some restaurants and bars at walking distance, just in case. Driving to Rethimnon is very easy and quick and, truth be told, it is a beautiful city with many nice restaurants ; better than expected when looking at the other reviews.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank TeoSza
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Good hotel for families whith whole day food for kids, animations, swimming pool with slides and playground, nice beach, large garden, shops, small church, many restaurants, evening shows. Lot of people, nearly 900 could be negative. Very noisy insect during day.

Room Tip: Do not take no. 655, because of garbage trucks just behind the fence
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family