“Beautiful and relaxing”

Grecotel Creta Palace Hotel
Ranked #16 of 175 Hotels in Rethymnon
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Being a fan of the Grecotel chain I chose the Creta Palace for a week in July and I'm very happy to have done so. The hotel is beautiful, the food amazing ( even in the buffet restaurant which doesn't happen too often) , the pools and beach clean and relaxing. I previously stayed in the the luxury Blue Palace in Elounda but travelling with kids this time I thought I'd choose something more "family-like". Well the kids had a great time , and I felt just as good and pampered as in Elounda. The service is impeccable from check in to check out. You can really feel the touch of a good manager behind this.The location is very good , the hotel being only a 5 minute drive to Rethymnon. Shortly speaking - excellent choices for families and couples alike.

3  Thank Hanna091
Giorgos S, General Manager at Grecotel Creta Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Hanna091,

my name is Giorgos Skoulaxinos, I’m the General Manager of Grecotel Creta Palace.
First of all I would like to thank you for your great feedback on Tripadvisor.

We highly appreciate that you and your children had a wonderful time at our hotel and you especially mention the good food quality, the cleanliness, the good location and the service of the staff.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me in advance at my personal email address gskoulaxinos@grecotel.gr, in order to assist you with your stay.

With many thanks and best regards

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just spent a week there.

In short, the good:
- the hotel was full (300+ rooms) and did not feel crowded at all. The lounge chairs, restaurants, never had to wait or scramble
- 2 outside pools, a great sea beach
- Grecoland (the kids club): our 2 kids (7 and 9) spend a large part of their time there, making friends of all kind, doing tons of activities
- the breakfast buffet: one of the best I've ever seen and I've been in tons of hotels
- very well behaved customers (you know what I mean): no kids screaming, no loud adults. Very international crowd, with a large (but not overwhelming) Russian base
- very friendly staff

The not-so-good:
- the rooms were functional, no more; this did not bother us as we spent a minimum amount of time there
- the Asian restaurant: bad Asian food, slow service. Avoid it. And there are so many great local alternatives all around the hotel from Platanes to Rethimnon.
- the evening pool-parties are around the pool; but you can't go in the water...

If you are looking for a great family place where kids have tons of fun and parents can rest and relax I strongly recommend the place. We should have stayed 3 days more.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be far from the center of the hotel and require a good walk.
2  Thank jmj_lab
Giorgos S, General Manager at Grecotel Creta Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear jmj_lab,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of the hotel, especially your positive comments concerning the breakfast buffet, the Grecoland Mini Club and the friendliness of my colleagues.

I was very sorry to read that you did not enjoy the Asian Restaurant. However, we have taken your comment under careful consideration, as our goal is the constant improvement on the points that each guest mentions.

Please feel free to contact me at my personal email address gskoulaxinos@grecotel.gr
in case you would like to spend your holidays again at our hotel, so that I can take personally care of your stay and accommodation.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Me and my family (2 adults and 2 kids) have been to this nice hotel in early July. In fact it was our second visit this year. After being greated by staff we've been shown our Superior Family Bungalow (545) which was way better in terms of "novelty" then the last year's one (536) - all our thanks to Mr. Dinas Dimitris for that concern. But still, I can't reconcile myself with the way Creta Palace management save on interior decoration and materials - the bungalows needs to be refurbished (not like an Egyptian-hotel style daub, c'mon guys, it's Europe) in order to meet at least our Ukrainian 5star hotel standarts (which are not that high as in France or even at Elounda if we consider the same, pretty high, room price).
Everything else in this hotel was good. We found both the breakfast and evening meal food selection to be excellent and of a very good quality. A special mention must be given to the Main Restaurant staff who were very attentive, kind and provided an excellent service.
Finally my last comment will be regarding how friendly, caring, attentive and resposive all staff we encountered were. No request no matter big or small was refused and we were extremely pleased with the level of service we received.
After all the stunning location, Greek friendliness and service of the staff make our stay in this hotel a holiday and both me and my wife would recommend it without a hesitation.
And of course, special thanks to general manager - Mr. Giorgos Skoulaxinos - a man I personaly had a pleasure to exchange a few words with, and whose tactful guidance I believe will turn Creta Palace into a real Grecotel family smasher.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Giorgos S, General Manager at Grecotel Creta Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Sergiy_U,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor, which are very valuable for us, as we are always trying to improve our product and any tip and recommendation is appreciated.

We are very happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your holidays at our hotel and especially mention the Greek friendliness, the helpfulness of all the staff and the good food quality at breakfast and dinner.

It is always a pleasure to hear when guests will recommend our hotel to other people.

Thanking you once again for your kind comments, please do not hesitate to contact me at my personal email address gskoulaxinos@grecotel.gr, in case you would like to spend your
next year’s holidays once again with us.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Crete is a fantastic island.The hotel is in an exellent position in yhe midle of the island and not far from the beudiful city of Rethymnon.Breackfast and dinner are top class.Twise a day there is cleaning servise and the pool has water from the sea.The sea side is in two min walk and very organised in everything.Special care has given to children , many things to do during the morning and free food at noon - saves a lot for parents.We will come again for sure!

1  Thank THEODORE B
Giorgos S, General Manager at Grecotel Creta Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Theodore B.

My name is Giorgos Skoulaxinos, I’m the General Manager of Grecotel Creta Palace.

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor.
We are glad, that you enjoyed your holidays at the Creta Palace and especially mention the food quality, the room cleanliness and our “Grecoland”, where we offer lots of activities for our little guests.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you once again at our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me at my personal email address gskoulaxinos@grecotel.gr, in order to take personally care of your holidays.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

we stay one night in this very nice hotel in a villa in seafront on the first floor.realy nice room with very relax balcony and amazing beds. We have dinner at the asian restaurant and the food was fresh and tasty but the very welcoming waiter ( lady call despina ) make all the diffrent.
The morning we have brekfast and we have big suprise with the choice of thinks.....SOOOO
many fresh products.....The service was very good and the stuff make the diffrent. Bravo to the manager.

2  Thank CRETE77
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear “yannisbouves”

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor,
from which I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your short stay at our hotel and mention the nice room accommodation, the Asian Restaurant and the food quality at breakfast.

Hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel for a longer stay next time, please do not hesitate to contact me at my personal email address gskoulaxinos@grecotel.gr.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

it is a very good hotel especialy for the family with children.The rroms are clean twice a day(very clean) and the personal are very helpful.
The restaurant is good and the cakes are wonderful.
We like here a lot.
If we recomend this hotel OFF COURSE.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cornelia61
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear “cornelia61”

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a hotel’s review, especially your positive comments concerning the helpfulness of my colleagues, the food and the cleanliness.

In case you will spend your holidays once again at the Grecotel Creta Palace, please contact me at my personal email address gskoulaxinos@grecotel.gr to assist you for anything you may wish.

Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

Visited just for lunch this year we would like to thank Dimitris Kalaitzidakis for his hospitality .We were there to celabrate our fist wedding aniversary and as he organized our amazing wedding at the Greco fairy tale farm last year we arrange to meet again this year to extend our thanks to the team of profesinal staff at this beautiful and sophisticated hotel. We enjoyed a tasty cretan lunch in the bistro style beach front restaurant . The hotel is very beautiful and the spa were i was truly pampered for my wedding last year is a true experiance.This hotel is worthy of its five stars a great location for a wedding and organized to a very high standard...our thanks from Nick and Ann Marie

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank vianne8
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear ”vianne8”

Thank you very much for you wonderful feedback at Tripadvisor !

We appreciate that you had such a great time last year at your wedding at the Agreco Farm and especially mention Mr. Kalaitzidakis and the professional staff.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again next year for your
second wedding anniversary, please do not hesitate to contact me at my personal email address gskoulaxinos@grecotel.gr for any help you may require.

Giorgos Skoulaxinos

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rethymnon
Caramel Grecotel Boutique Resort
#24 of 175 in Rethymnon
Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel
Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel
#1 of 15 in Adelianos Kampos

Been to Grecotel Creta Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!