“Great Atmosphere”

Ranked #19 of 349 Restaurants in Rethymnon
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: July 2013 Petite fleur opened her doors. We hope you will enjoy our place as much as we do. For us it feels like home and we will make sure you feel the same.
York, United Kingdom
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The food and service was fantastic. Great quality food with a relaxing location on the front of the promenade. I would highly recommend trying the greek coffee as I loved its chocolate taste. We ate here twice (it was that nice). We had a lovely evening meal and then returned mid afternoon to try french petite plats...yum!

• Visited August 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chania Town, Greece
“Very Good Decor....”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Dined at Petite Fleur on Xmas day with friends. I was pleasantly impressed with the décor and cleanliness of the restaurant. The staff seemed approachable and friendly too. I had couscous salad, spinach salad, and ravioli stuffed with salmon. I enjoyed the spinach salad very much but wasn't impressed with the couscous and ravioli - it lacked flavor. As a person who is sensitive to cigarette smoke, this place is a smoking environment. I've dined at many establishments in various places, I've never been asked to leave my table so that others may dine. After moving to the bar area, we were later offered a complimentary glass of wine which sort of off set my unhappy feelings about what just happened. Lastly, getting drinking water seemed to be an issue. I couldn't get the server to pour a full glass of water in my glass. The 4 stars is for presentation, cleanliness of establishment, pleasant wait staff. I certainly appreciated the gratitude I received upon my exit. Next time I dine at Petite Fleur, I will make sure not too over occupying the dining table, order up plenty of tasty spinach salad and bottles of drinking water.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank CatoMtsio
Durban, South Africa
“Fantastic Food Wine and Service”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

W ate at Petite Fleur on our last night in Rethymnon and Greece, It was fantastic! It lived up to all the reviews on Tripadvisor (the reason we ate there) and was a great move away from traditional greek food. It was a very wet and cold and rainy day in Rethymnon so only inside was open and we went with no reservation so had to sit at the bar looking into the kitchen, but it was great to be able to watch all the activity. The atmosphere was great and very cozy and warm. For us it was one of the more pricey meals of the trip - but well worth it - a great meal to end off a great holiday.

• Visited October 2013
Chania Town, Greece
“Great food, good price, excellent service in Rethymno, Crete”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Friday night, out of season, six older guys in Rethymno for a night out. Check Tripadvisor and the Petite Fleur is near the top of the list of local restaurants. We all live an hour away in Chania and were looking for something slightly different i.e. not just traditional Cretan food.

Great bustling harbour front setting with both inside and outside seating. We chose outside with a couple of gas heaters strategically placed to ensure there was no chill. The waiter was friendly, spoke excellent English and seemed pleased to see us.

We ordered two salads to start and the Cous Cous salad with large chunks of chicken and seasoning was better than good. I asked the waiter if the house red was good and he said it was better than good. It was a local wine from a Heraklion winery and he we spot on, an excellent house red and not overpriced.

Four of our party ordered the chicken breast with stuffed mushrooms and all said it was delicious. Two of us ordered the prime rib and not only was it a huge slab of beef but it was also cooked to perfection. The kitchens are in full view of the inside patrons and are clean and professionL. This is definitely a great place to dine and the prices are very reasonable. I had also asked earlier if the beef was imported since Crete has very few cows (or grass) but no, the waiter assured us the meat was locally bred.

All in all a great dining experience.

• Visited November 2013
la rippe
“cozy restaurant with excellent food and warm welcome”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The Petite Fleur Restaurant is easy to find on the waterfront .
You are made to feel really welcome by a charming Dutch couple who have a menu of excellent Greek and international cuisine.
It is one of the few restaurants we saw on Crete where you can look right into the kitchen from your table.
It feels different from the other restaurants on the waterfront probably because of the warm colours and the genuine warm welcome.
They have a small fish menu as the local fish is ourageouly expensive, but what they have is fresh and tasty. The local wine is good and the owner seemed knowledgeable.
We arrived there at 21 hours which was early! but I guess they have two settings as when we left a lot of new guests appeared.
You can sit outside or inside on a cool evening and we are sure you will not be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013