Review Highlights

from $91.70
from $86.00
from $154.80
More Info
All reviews rock music great bar great rock nice alternative excellent music nice cocktails priced drinks great place to have most nights excellent service soundtrack bars holiday crete
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Just loved this bar. Awesome rock music, brilliant location, especially if you take the outermost seat so that you can feel the breeze of the sea wind blowing in whilst enjoying the setting sun. The interlude between the setting sun and dusk is when the view of the Marina road on which it is situated is at its absolute best (reference pics attached) and makes for some beautiful picture opportunities. The pricing of the alcohol is quite decent and what I really loved was it was the only places I chanced upon providing happy hours (18:00-19:00 if I recall correctly) where every drink was at half rate, which further adds to the experience as you end up having a great tone without having to dole out a lot. The place is usually open until 2 AM and sometimes longer still, depending on the days footfalls. The wait staff is courteous, kind, professional and prompt. Not much more you can really ask for out of a place. Just probably the best establishment to have your drinks whilst soaking in the vibe of Rethymno. Yamas.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

great variety of music. rock to country rock from lots of genrations . lovely staff, enjoyed each evening we came here .friendly atmosphere

Reviewed September 23, 2018

The best bar in Réthymno by a long mile,,,
See you again soon
Oh,,and tell Dimitris not to get me pissed so much next time ,,,,

1  Thank Madoncrete
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Situated on the front this bar open till 4am very nice and friendly staff and great music and very reasonably priced drinks. Happy hour 7-8pm all drinks half price

1  Thank Harry277
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a great value snack lunch here

Brilliant Giros and also Chicken Souvlaki in a Pitts wrap

Good value for money

Recommended

1  Thank Albia-Newton
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Visited here for drinks enjoyed the music as it was an nice alternative to the run of the mill music.

2  Thank BlackpoolCarol
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Chaplin’s has good music, good prices and a good vibe!
You can sit outside and enjoy the music.
Happy hour from 19 - 20 hrs

1  Thank gurt65
Reviewed August 10, 2018

This is our third time in Rethymnon and visiting Chaplins most nights. A great bar with a fantastic atmosphere. Excellent service, friendly staff and good music too.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Chaplin’s is the best bar in Rethymno. The rock music is brilliant, when relaxing with lunch in the day or having a few drinks in the evening. Both food and drinks are really reasonable and delicious. The staff are so friendly and welcoming and will always come to have a chat with us. It makes such a different to a place when the staff remember and are pleased to see you. Our second year here in Rethymno and we have visited the Rock bar many times both years it is our favourite place here. Will definitely recommend to all our family and friends and to anyone who is looking for a unique and special place :)

1  Thank rachael1242018
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I went into Chaplins as it looked like an atmospheric place to have a drink. We were offered a sample of a new drink with Gordon’s pink gin, which was lovely, consequently I ordered one. Unfortunately when it arrived over 10 minutes later (another sore point) it was nothing at all like the sample. I called our server over and politely explained and I was absolutely disgusted with the way she spoke to me. I was ‘told’ very rudely “well that is what you ordered it’s exactly the same”. I don’t expect to be spoken to like that I was shocked and disappointed after how great the place initially looked. Moved on to a bar up the road (the living room) where the drinks are great and the staff even nicer.

2  Thank NikkiJ384