“Perfect”

Thavma Coffee Drinks & Cretan food
Ranked #4 of 372 Restaurants in Rethymnon
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: WE ARE CLOSED FOR THE WINTER. WE WILL REOPEN IN SPRING 2018. STAY INFORMED WITH THE LATEST NEWS AND EVENT ALERTS, ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE! Welcome ! Choosing THAVMA for a short getaway, or for your holiday, you will discover a fantastic destination of stunning natural beauty that combines all the elements that will fulfill your dreams. Maroulas, is one of the finest historical villages in the majestic prefecture of Rethymnon , where our place is located. Thavma, is characterized by its stunning views, offering visitors the unique opportunity to escape from their daily routine and experience happy moments with their family and their friends. Enjoy your food and drink and "feel" the relaxing peace that surrounds our place. Our place THAVMA is only 15 minutes away from Rethymnon on the way to Maroulas from the western side. You are more than welcome ! Maria Bounialetou.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was go in Thavma Coffee Drinks and Cretan Food because I see all the goods comments in TripAdvisor and I can really say that it was very perfect !!

The view was wonderful and it's the best food that a ever eat !!
I really love the kindnesse of Maria, she's perfect and when we talk with her it seems she's in our familly!!

I highly recommend this place because it's just my best moment in Crete !!

Thanks so much Maria, all the best for you !!

2  Thank Samah I
Maria-Bounialetou, Owner at Thavma Coffee Drinks & Cretan food, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Hi! Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are so happy to hear that you've had your best moments in Crete and the best food here at Thavma ! You are so kind! Hope to see you again. Take care...

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Such a lovely place with authentic home-cooked food. Definitely a must-see place for any fan of real local cuisine and nature.

Hi! Thank you for taking the time this review! We are so glad to hear that you had a lovely time here at Thavma and we also thank you for saying that it is a "must-see" place! Hope to see you again. Take care...

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This place is one of the Best I have ever visited.We heard about it here on tripadvisor. Personally I would advise an evening visit before sunset. Watch the constantly changing colours as the sunsets. The home cooked food was exceptional, some of the tastiest dishes I've ever experienced. The service was warm and friendly from this kind and warmhearted family. If we return to Crete in the future, this would be one of the main reasons for coming. Do yourselves a favour and visit this charming place. No visit to Crete would be complete without it.

Alan and Uraiwan Todd

1  Thank alan922014
Maria-Bounialetou, Owner at Thavma Coffee Drinks & Cretan food, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Hi! Thank you so much for your lovely review! It was a great pleasure for me and my mom to have you with us! We are glad that you've enjoyed our dishes and you make us very happy when you say that your experience at Thavma would be the main reason for your next visit to Crete! Hope to see you soon! Thank you so much for the lovely photos! Take care...

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Maria and her mum make the experience of Thavma like no other. We dined here twice during our 2 week stay and LOVED it!

It's well signposted with astounding views and is beautiful at sunset. It has a small but perfectly varied menu and everything is made with pure love from her mother. The menu changes from visit to visit according to what they have on that day. We sampled the rooster, chicken in lemon, pork in wine - home made herb pies are out of this world. So much better value all round than from so called 'tavernas' in the top tourist spots.

The food is good... but what Maria and her mum offer goes way beyond expectations. On our first visit we just mentioned that we really liked the lemon raki, and as we went to leave Maria gave us a homemade bottle of it. On our second visit, which was our last night, she gave us a small bottle of wine to take home - another lovely touch.

Even when you leave they walk you out and wave goodbye (after hugs and kisses). Really I just wanted to pick them both up, put them in my pocket and take them home! Big love to you Thavma!

2  Thank Alex R
Maria-Bounialetou, Owner at Thavma Coffee Drinks & Cretan food, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Hi! What a lovely title you have put on your review ! Yes! We love you too! Thank you so much for your lovely review! You make us happy when you say that you've had a fantastic time at Thavma. Well, maybe you didn't manage to pick us both up and put us in your pocket to take us to your home as you say, but you've picked up our hearts with you! You are so kind!.. Hope to see you soon again ! Take care...

Reviewed June 22, 2014

What a hidden gem!! Tucked away behind our base in Maroulas, lunch at Thavma was worth the walk up there.

Marie and her mother felt instantly like family, and we wish them absolutely all the best.

For more info and pictures, see my write up of my weeks stay - http://chantelrowe.wordpress.com/2014/06/22/faboulas-maroulas/#more-52

1  Thank Chantel77

Hello! Thank you very much for your lovely review! We are so happy to hear that you've had such a nice time hear at Thavma...We also thank you for the lovely photos you have put on your page! Hope to see you soon again ! Take care...