“Good on all levels”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We used the Passas because of the repartee of Bobby. His energy is limitless. The service was faultless and the food was wonderful./ The Zucchini Courgettes were the best starter we had all week, and the lamb chops were done to perfection. My husband, not known for returning anywhere was happy to return to Passas four times in a week! The meal ends with Raki and melon. I cannot recommend this Taverna enough. It has helped to make our week a perfect one. Thanks to Bobby and staff.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

A friend loves this place, so I went. The service was excellent - attentive, friendly. The house salad is horrible!! The dorado fish is fine, average. Nothing special here at all.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Family run taverna with fantastic home-made food. Everything in the menu is tasty and well cooked. Cretan cuisine as it should be. Service is very friendly.
Location is fantastic, on the seafront.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We spent 3 days in the town and contrary to our original plans found ourselves returning (just round the corner from the Venetian Harbour towards the Fort) to this delightful family run restaurant each evening. The son does front of house and Dad is in the kitchen. On the first night, we felt that staff here were less pushy about giving us a seat that on the venetian harbour - and it was less pricey, so thought we'd give it a go. Our meze were delicious - the Fava mash - a revelation if you have never tried it before, Halloumi and meatballs of particular note, and my husband and daughter ordered the seafood pasta and really enjoyed it. I ordered a Sea Bream, it arrived at the table and I was really impressed that it was beautifully filleted in front of me... I took my first mouthful and yuck! it was dry and burnt. We sent it back and staff were most apologetic, acknowledged that it was not as it should have been, the fish was removed from the bill along with a further goodwill reduction, and we were given plenty of Raki and with much back-slapping and more apologies, we parted feeling good service had saved the day. So what would you do the next night? Well, we returned as we were curious to see if it had been a one off - we were treated very very well, and as for the Bream - again beautifully filleted and served with a delicious olive oil & lemon sauce and delightful cucumber 'spaghetti' and as I started to eat (watched anxiously by all the staff) I can honestly say that it was one of the most delicious mouthfuls of fish, fresh and beautifully grilled I have ever eaten. With honour restored we thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the meal, followed by more back slapping and more Raki! and in fact it was so good we decided that there was no point in taking a punt on our last night - and so returned once more. And yes I had the Bream - and yes it was just as delicious as the second one. We'll be back.

2  Thank Judith S
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very nice personnel and very good food; maybe a little slow in serving. Excellent for families. We liked very much octopus (we had them coocked in croquettes, grilled and fried); we liked less the mixed fried fish (a bit too expensive for the quantity and the variety). Starters were fine (excellent the beans!) as well as the sweeties

1  Thank EthosPathos