“Not for kids”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not for kids”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We did the Back to Nature tour yesterday afternoon. This 3 hour trip without a chance of a toilet or drink with children was too long. Whilst the guides talks were of moderate interest to adults they did nothing for kids. The train itself is far too slow for the journey up to the villages.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank johnroe1982

• Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good short trip”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

we took this train for a small trip from our hotel to Panormo village and found the experience to be good. As we sat down in the train, the operators tried to sell other packages and were slightly disappointed when we suggested waiting till the experience was over. We stayed in Panormo for a few hours and had lunch there but since there wasnt much to see around, we decided against the next trip.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank vibha m
Marlow, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Better then the average tourist train”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This not your average "funny train for tourists", It offers trips in about a 10-15 mile radius Rethymnon to local places of interest and to see local customs and living conditions and has knowledgeable English guidse. We went on 2 trips, Mili Gorge, where we climbed through a local gorge stopping at two picturesque villages and "Back to Nature" where we had a look at local agriculture and housing including the olive groves. Most trips are half day allowing you to do another activity during the day. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank TonyM67
Southern Finland, Finland
215 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 250 helpful votes
“I would have liked the train to stop few times to take photos (Agia Irini trip)”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went to a trip towards the convent of Agia Irini because it was a short trip. The brochure announced that I could begin my trip from my hotel by car and join the train in the "train station". I was picked up, not from my hotel, but quite near it and transported to the train. First there was a change of trains after about 4-6 kilometres drive along the main road. Some of us changed the train, because there was another train coming from the opposite direction and there was another excursion also heading for another destination.

After that our trip towards Nunnery of Agia Irini begun and we climbed the hills upwards. We went straight on, no stops, even thought there would have been really photogenic spots to take beautiful photos from the hills. In the nunnery the guide who was accompanied the whole trip, told about the convent and his presentation of the nunnary area was good. There was also a little shop where you could buy some items, like icons and cards and handicraft etc. The return trip was also without stops,but this time we went straight to the Rethymnon "station" and I got the ride back to my hotel. I would give a better rating if there would be a few stops for taking photographs.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank vivian L
Porvoo Finland
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“NICE TRAIN TRIPS”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was on a train trip with my wife. We went with the train from Rethymno to Arkadi Monastery. On these trips the train will also stop at various places for a walk around. When you come to the main point of the trip the train stop for a hour and you can then eat or drink something. Many of the trips are 1/2 day trips for example to gorges and villages in the Rethymno area. The Yellow Train offers an alternate way to see more of the island of Crete. If you will visit Rethymno go for a train trip and you will have a very nice day.

Visited October 2011