Palazzo Vecchio Exclusive Residence(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$104
$149
$237
$230
  • Pool
Bellagio Boutique Hotel(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$119
$217
$140
$383
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfamily run hotelbusy junctionold townyear after yearfree air consmall and friendly hotelhotel is spotlessly cleantwo weeksgreek yogurtrooms are smalllovely family runboiled eggswatching the worldwithin easy walking distancesea frontlong sandy beachcleaning staff
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Just spent a week staying at the Astali. Thomson 'small and friendly' - and that's exactly what it was. The staff were kind, helpful and generous with their advice and knowledge of local restaurants and places to visit. Very important info about which harbour restaurants to avoid due to their 'pushiness' at wanting your custom - Zephyros is the one to visit. Everywhere neat and tidy. I had a single room but there was a nice balcony so I could sit out when I wanted.
One great plus is the shower room downstairs especially if you have an evening flight. Plenty of towels provided. Good location - near the beach as well as the old town. All in all a lovely week away in the sun.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Merryl G
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The hotel is in a very good location as it is both close to the town and the sandy beaches. The rooms are what you expect. They are clean and basic.

The nice thing about the place is the service. It is run by a family who care very much about the hotel and everyone working its really friendly. We had a problem with our toilet seat which was fixed within six hours. Also one night we hot a phone call from the reception because the guy there forgot to say goodnight and he apologised and said goodnight.

Overall in Rethymnon this seems like one of the best places to stay. You can always ask at the reception about restaurants and things to do and the location makes it perfect to go top the beach and then to town for some nice dinner.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank pseudome
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My fiancée and I stayed at the Astali for a fortnight in the middle of June and we had a fantastic time. The hotel is in a really good location as it is literally 2 minutes from the beach, also there's the option to go into the old town at night or into the more touristy area on the sea front. The hotel is situated near to a busy main road but it did not bother us whatsoever as our room was facing the back and also free air conditioning is provided so we slept with the patio doors closed (this also meant we got hardly any mosquito bites!)
The people who run the hotel are fantastic. Attentive, funny, kind and really hard working! They really cannot do enough for all the guests and are continually checking the breakfast buffet to make sure everything's well topped up. We were made to feel so welcome and many of the people staying in the hotel had been back year after year and seemed to be held with genuine affection by the family.
We had a twin room which was quite small but comfortable and very, very clean! The room was cleaned every day and the whole hotel was immaculate at all times.
We were probably the youngest couple in the hotel but the atmosphere is lovely. Both of us said we'd like to go back in a few years and would have no hesitation at staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BurnieandTilly
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at the Astali Hotel on B&B basis for 10 days. On first impression hotel appears basic but then that is typical of Greece. I'd read the most recent reviews prior to booking and was suitably impressed by the comments and on arrival I was not disappointed. The hotel is extremely well maintained, clean and everyone at the hotel is friendly, welcoming and available to help 24/7.

I’d read on here that the rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels provided and sheets changed every other day and found that hard to believe but they actually are!! I have travelled to many Greek Islands and the mainland and can honestly say this is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in, so credit given to the two lovely cleaning ladies. The beds were comfortable and the large wardrobe had plenty of hangers. Air- con and WiFi are free which was a nice bonus.

The breakfast was ample, some might think it repetitive and lacked variety but I loved it. Greek yogurt and peaches, cereals, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, local speciality bread (not sliced loaf), choice of cheeses, preserves, tea and coffee and juice. I especially liked the fact that all the food was covered with separate serving utensils and all clearly labelled. Food was replenished promptly even for those of us who went down after 10am!

The hotel is ideally situated, just a short stroll to the beach, seafront shops, bars and restaurants and a 10 min walk into the heart of Old Town.

Although the hotel is situated on a busy crossroads we were not disturbed by any traffic noise whatsoever and found our street view balcony was a nice place to chill and people watch with a Mythos (or two) after a long hard day on the beach!!

The hotel is a credit to the family and the staff who run it and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them. If I ever decide to pay Rethymnon another visit I would definitely stay at the Astali again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank rootiedazzle
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Astali for 3 nights, during July. It is a small hotel but the room we stayed in was quite comfortable and very clean. It was being cleaned every day before noon, so when we got back from our walk we could enjoy a good relax/nap in a tidy and clean room. the only drawback for the room was that there was no complimentary shampoo and bath soap...
The breakfast in the hotel was not satisfactory. there was only some bread, jams, cereals, butter, cheese, feta cheese and a few fruits, along with coffee and tea. There is plenty of room to improve there. the air-condition within the small lobby was not working always during the day so we could not enjoy a game of cards/chess etc down in order to avoid the heat.
Other than that, the hotel was good. The people was very friendly and the location was superb!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family