“Love the Acropolis”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I know this restaurant very well as have a house nearby. Andreas the owner and his family pride themselves on serving authentic Greek food and the prices are very reasonable and the portions generous.
My partner particularly loves the T-Bone steak which at 12 euro is great value.
The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Nice traditional Greek food at a reasonable price also the owner and his son provide live music which is pretty good even though the owner thinks he's rock star

Reviewed September 27, 2013

lovely taverna perfect for people watching , Rhydiana and Kostas perfect host and hostess very friendly , happily idled away a few hours here ,

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We set at the Acropolis taverna for almost 3h, the food was nice the price were fare. All and all we had 5 main courses, one starter, one desert, beer, soft drink and water and We paid 62€ including tip.
Nice atmosfer too.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went here simply because of ratings on Tripadvisor and the fact that it was less than 5 minutes from our hotel apartments. It was such a wonderful suprise.

There was a very local vibe around the place, we got served by this Grecian whom I wish I could remember his name. He had shaggy hair, a gruff husky voice and a kindness about him. He was a little forward and sat on the seat next to us while we orders which we weren't quite used to but were fine with it of course. He asked me about what football team I support (as im british) but I haven't interest in football in the slightest but played game and had small talk, all of which was charming as he was reaching out by being friendly.

The food was excellent and local and just so very tasty. My girlfriend fell in love with the Moussaka and another lamb dish too. The greek salad was tasty and we got free wine after.. all for less than 30 euros!? damn perfect in my opinion!

We came for a second visit and the grecian host sang alongside another waiter playing on a intrustment which was throughouly charming, we sat there into the late hours! Although the second visit was less personal and I actually started feeling too 'touristy' my own good as they seemed to get along with alot of locals!

Its a great visit and superb for a cheap lunch or dinner when you need it. If your based in Rethymnon itself however, I suggest just stay there for the restaurants and don't make your way out to this one.. its just a simple local taverna which great food!

2  Thank Ben C