$180
Palazzo Vecchio Exclusive Residence(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$117
$256
  • Breakfast included
Rimondi Boutique Hotel(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$109
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

Bellagio Boutique Hotel(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$88
  • Breakfast included
Pepi Boutique Hotel(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$128
  • Breakfast included
Atlantis Beach Hotel(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$222
Grand Leoniki Residence(Platanias)(Great Value!)
$46
Avli Lounge Apartments(Rethymnon)(Great Value!)
$219
Hotels.com
$376
1,546 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantsea viewhalf boardpiazza dihotel photographerbeach towelsold townmini barthe guest relations managergala dinnermain restaurantcd playerfree safebeach servicestandard roomrestaurant staffprivate beach
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

We had such a great time in Crete! The hotel was very clean, comfortable beds and nice variety on the breakfast. I think it could be less “English breakfast” everyday though. Great customer service! Stela and Ana really looked after us! Thanks!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josiceli T
General M, General Manager at Aquila Porto Rethymno, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Porto Rethymno Hotel for your holiday and for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel fulfilled all of your holiday needs. My team will be delighted to know that they met your expectations in every way and I am sure they would wish for me to thank you personally for your kind comments on their behalf.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

The staff in the hotel were helpful and friendly. The room was a good size and clean. The bed was huge and very comfortable. Our room was at the back of the hotel with a balcony overlooking the pool. However, I would advise travellers to request a room at the front of the hotel as it is pretty noisy at the back - especially at 6.00 a.m. when the bin men arrive every day on the dot. Also, it is impossible to close the bedroom doors quietly.

The meals were O.K. but I have an intolerance to peppers and lots of the food contained peppers. However, the puddings were delicious and I have a weakness for pudding.

We were able to swap dinner for lunch if we wanted to.

The evening entertainment was varied and very good for about 45 mins every night.

The weather was very poor for 4 days and we could have done to have had a good television lounge. There is a nice games room and we played Jenga - which sort of sums up the holiday for us.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front - rooms at the back are noisy
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine S
General M, General Manager at Aquila Porto Rethymno, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Porto Rethymno Hotel for your holiday and for taking the time to provide us with such a positive review.

I am pleased to hear that there were clearly so many aspects of our hotel which you enjoyed and that overall you had a pleasant stay.

Your comments regarding the food are appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed our puddings, but am sorry that you were unable to enjoy other aspects of the food on offer, as they contained peppers. We always accept special wishes from guests for either dietary reasons, allergies, religious reasons etc. and it has never been a problem for us to prepare something different if requested.

Reviewed October 31, 2017

Loved this hotel for the location and the food. We were half board 1st week in October, ate out a couple of nights swapped dinner for lunch but apparently you're supposed to let them know the day before if you do this however as usual in Crete it was 'no problem'. This is a beach hotel don't expect to get a bed round the pool, the beach is nicer anyway. Drinks in hotel cheaper than In town which is unusual.
The only thing we didn't like was how high up we were on floor 5 facing the road hubs doesn't like heights and I don't like lifts of which there were 2 very small ones, we were offered another room but not until 3 days later so it seemed pointless we'd survived 3 nights so another 3 wasn't going to kill us! If I was to go back to Rethymnon I wouldn't hesitate to stay again my only regret is I didn't ask for the recipe for their cauliflower soup, delish!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joanne o
General M, General Manager at Aquila Porto Rethymno, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Reviewed October 31, 2017

5 star Hotel with 2 star rooms, very unconfutable, only one very hard chair to sit on and the double bed was two single beds pushed together, the TV was bolted to the wall and you could only watch TV by laying on the beds. The air conditioning would only work if you locked the balcony door, if one person was on the balcony sunbathing and the other person remained in the room the only way to operate the air conditioning was to lock the person on the balcony out!. The food at lunch was last nights food reheated and sometime cold!, not enough waiters to clear the tables!. This hotel as a certificate of excellence from Trip Advisor which can no longer be justified as the standards have dropped under the new management and now employs the guest relations manager to canvas for good reviews by giving a small gift for good comments. Played for all inclusive and at this hotel and this is what you will get!..

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bryan R

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for choosing the Aquila Porto Rethymno Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

I was disheartened to learn that you were unhappy with some aspects of your stay. We believe and certainly it is the opinion of the vast majority of our guests that our hotel meets the rating it has been awarded and therefore I was very sorry to learn of your own personal opinion.

I would like to apologise that you were unhappy with quality of food at our hotel. This is a difficult subject on which to comment, as what will appeal to one person may not appeal to another. We do our utmost to cater for all our guests and we do believe that the vast majority of our guests are happy with the food on offer. However I am sorry if the food served was not to your personal satisfaction.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I sincerely regret that your holiday was not as enjoyable as we would have wished and we really hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed October 31, 2017

Our sixth floor room had a balcony facing the sea but was always cool as the sun was never directly shining on our room. The staff were all very helpful, kind and considerate and the food in the buffet restaurant was so varied and of great quality. The serving staff and the catering team did a great job.

The Spa was excellent. I had two full body massages - one in the Spa and one outside in the pergola. Both were with Argiro (not sure if this is correct spelling) but she was fantastic as she was kind, considerate and had lovely hands. She cosseted me and was always aware of my needs.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Manxworldtraveller

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Porto Rethymno Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review.

We are delighted that you felt so at home in our hotel and that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday. My team, especially those in the spa, will be delighted to know that they exceeded your expectations in every way and I am sure they would wish for me to thank you personally for your kind comments on their behalf.

I am also extremely pleased that you found our cuisine to be of such a high standard. We pride ourselves on the excellent quality of food we produce and I will ensure our Restaurant Manager & Head Chef are made aware of your positive feedback.

It was our great pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.