Easy check-in and made welcome. First impressions were that the hotel is crammed into a small space and everything in the hotel is on the small size. We booked late so could only get side view room. To be honest we never sat on the balcony or left the door open as it was so noisy from activity on the side street. Suppose we should have realised that picking a place in town was going to have its downsides. Room was well appointed with a huge bed, very comfortable and a sofa and chair and a desk with another chair. Plenty of wardrobe space and a free to use safe inside. The bathroom was disappointing as you had to stand in the bath for a shower and the base of the bath is very curved which made you feel very conscious how you moved about. The hotel bar area has limited seating and the lounge area is a bit of a waste of space - could be better incorporated I think. Due to the tightness of space the main pool is on the smallish size with very few sunbeds. No-one ever tried to save a bed whilst we were there as to be honest the sun only stays on the beds for half a day and balconies and hallways overlook you too much. The beach is the place to be with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas that are free to use for all hotel residents. The beach is lovely and sandy with a little shingle stone on the edge as you enter the sea. Drinks available on the beach and beach towels exchanged. The tiny infinity pool on the first level deck was so cold I never saw anyone use it but quite a few sunbathers were on the sunbeds adjacent. The indoor pool again tiny and freezing but the spa was warmer. The restaurant again smaller than needed and crammed in quite close. The management of the restaurant and its turnover is so very well managed, we never had to wait for a table. The range of food available is excellent and we never could go hungry, only problem is that the temperature of the food is more tepid than hot but that didn't bother us too much. The staff throughout the hotel were so pleasant and attentive and extremely professional. All in all we had a wonderful holiday and I think we need to consider next time when booking whether we want the lagoon pools and large rooms and plenty of space - but out of town, or do we accept the smaller, more crammed in style with adjacent noise for the sake of being in town and being able to stroll into the centre of town and not need to hire a car or use the bus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the waterfront setting of the stunning northern coastline of Crete, Aquila Porto Rethymno brings the essence of an urban resort located within a striking distance of 700m from the city of Rethymno. The hotel presents a cosmopolitan escape, as you relax, dine and wander among Rethymno's most beautiful and historic sites offering the perfect base for business or leisure travelers. Chic, luxury hotel building and accommodation offer superb amenities and recreational facilities for all travelers. The hotel has been recognized internationally with prestigious awards and certifications for its commitment to the best service and hospitality. Porto Rethymno is an urban oasis featuring beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites which meet the needs of every traveler. The recently renovated guest rooms and suites have mostly views of Rethymno beach or the city harbor featuring a refreshing color palette inspired by a sophisticated fabulous setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aquila Porto Rethymno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Rethymnon, Crete
- Porto Rethymnon
- Hotel Aquila Porto Rethymno