Stayed here 3-10 sept 2013. Booked with thomson (very poor company) and hotel is on their 'platinum' list. There are aspects to this hotel that are far from 5 star. Firstly the 3 'swimming pools are very small & the main pool is next to the dining room, has only 20 sunbeds around it & can only be used for limited times of the day ( 10 am til 5.30pm). Secondly the dining room is very cramped and accessing the buffet involves squeezing around people ( food is good though and quantity plentiful). Thirdly, the bedroom we had (2nd floor) was over the coach drop off point and was incredibly noisy. Spoke to several other guests who also complained about noise in their bedrooms from either the main road which runs in front of the hotel or from the streets around as the hotel is in the middle of the town. There is very little entertainment provided by the hotel but the town is on the doorstep so you can go into the lively bars further down the road. This is not a hotel for those who like to swim in a pool and have leisurely meals, nor for those who prefer reasonable quiet at night. The beach across the busy road is very good ( but red flag system in place means restricted swimming sometimes - 2 days of our stay). However the hotel is very clean the rooms are well appointed ( toiletries, tv , kettle, etc) and staff are very polite and helpful. Not the place for us for lack of pool, room noise & buffet hassle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the waterfront setting of the stunning northern coastline of Crete, Aquila Porto Rethymno brings the essence of an urban resort located within a striking distance of 700m from the city of Rethymno. The hotel presents a cosmopolitan escape, as you relax, dine and wander among Rethymno's most beautiful and historic sites offering the perfect base for business or leisure travelers. Chic, luxury hotel building and accommodation offer superb amenities and recreational facilities for all travelers. The hotel has been recognized internationally with prestigious awards and certifications for its commitment to the best service and hospitality. Porto Rethymno is an urban oasis featuring beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites which meet the needs of every traveler. The recently renovated guest rooms and suites have mostly views of Rethymno beach or the city harbor featuring a refreshing color palette inspired by a sophisticated fabulous setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aquila Porto Rethymno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Rethymnon, Crete
- Porto Rethymnon
- Hotel Aquila Porto Rethymno