We have just returned from a week in this hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The staff are excellent, the service, quality of food in both restaurants and location justify the star status it has been given. We would recommend the lobster night which is exceptional. You have to pay extra but the quality of food, service and entertainment are worth it. We loved the beach just over the road with free sunbeds, lovely sand and clear water with no stones. The road, which yes is busy, but as some people said did not disturb our sleep even though we were on the 2nd floor at the front ( maybe the effect of a few drinks!). We were only about a 10-15 mins walk into the town with bars and restaurants on the way. The town is lovely with many bars, restaurants and shops. We ate out twice at night even though we were HB. If you do this you can change your evening meal for a lunchtime meal in the a la carte restaurant if you let them know. We only ate at To Picadi and Avli, which are opposite one another. Both were good but we preferred To Picadi, not because it was cheaper but because we thought the atmosphere was better but food just as good. The only comment I would make is that although the room and bathroom is a good size it could do with a bit of a refurbish. Very clean and lots of extras such as robes, toiletries, free safe, half bottle of wine on arrival. I would just like to mention a few names:- Giorgos, the maitre d' who always welcomed you with a friendly handshake and made you feel like you were very important whilst finding you a table. Vassilis in charge of the a la carte restaurant who was equally as friendly providing an excellent standard of service as you would expect from an a la carte restaurant and last but not least Dimitra who always seemed to wait on our table and was always so efficient and friendly. All staff always seemed to be on duty but never dropped their standards of service and friendliness. We were not AI at the hotel and found the drinks a little pricey if you wanted to drink there all night. We quite often went to a bar which was in the opposite direction to the town called Cafe Entasis. Very small but very popular, cocktails always in happy hour! Over all a very enjyable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the waterfront setting of the stunning northern coastline of Crete, Aquila Porto Rethymno brings the essence of an urban resort located within a striking distance of 700m from the city of Rethymno. The hotel presents a cosmopolitan escape, as you relax, dine and wander among Rethymno's most beautiful and historic sites offering the perfect base for business or leisure travelers. Chic, luxury hotel building and accommodation offer superb amenities and recreational facilities for all travelers. The hotel has been recognized internationally with prestigious awards and certifications for its commitment to the best service and hospitality. Porto Rethymno is an urban oasis featuring beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites which meet the needs of every traveler. The recently renovated guest rooms and suites have mostly views of Rethymno beach or the city harbor featuring a refreshing color palette inspired by a sophisticated fabulous setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aquila Porto Rethymno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Rethymnon, Crete
- Porto Rethymnon
- Hotel Aquila Porto Rethymno