My wife and I have been travelling to Greece for almost 26 years but without a doubt this is the best experience we have ever had. The Hotel is rated as a 5 Star and deserves to be so. First impressions are excellent with an impressive Foyer and the Check in was swift, efficient and extremely friendly. We were shown to our room and everything explained. The room was spacious and comfortable with spectacularly comfortable Beds and a Sea View to die for! Unfortunately after 3 days we experienced a Plumbing problem (not unknown at any Hotel anywhere). However when reported to Reception it was dealt with by a room change rapidly and efficiently. We were also invited to view the new room before accepting it. All we needed to do was pack our bags and leave them for the Hotel to move.
The Restaurant was outstanding. The selection of food was amazing and the staff very friendly and welcoming as well as efficient. The behavior of some of the Guests left much to be desired but the staff never seemed fazed by any of it.
A major advantage of the Hotel was the proximity of the Beach (across the road in front of the Hotel). If you use the Hotel Beach Towels from your room then the use of the Sunbeds is free. There is also a frequent inspection of the Hotel Beach area by senior Hotel staff to maintain standards and an attendant is permanently available. This means a saving of up to 10 Euro's a day. Also you don't have the constant irritation of Beach Traders wandering among the Sunbeds. The only exception is the charming lady who sells Doughnuts (advertised as 'No Calories but taste divine!) but even she limits herself to the front of the Beach.
This holiday came at a time of extreme stress for my wife and myself but this Hotel provided us, not only with the peace that we needed, but also the friendly atmosphere to give us total relaxation. Normally by the end of 2 weeks I am looking forward to going home but this time I was sad to leave and will, certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the waterfront setting of the stunning northern coastline of Crete, Aquila Porto Rethymno brings the essence of an urban resort located within a striking distance of 700m from the city of Rethymno. The hotel presents a cosmopolitan escape, as you relax, dine and wander among Rethymno's most beautiful and historic sites offering the perfect base for business or leisure travelers. Chic, luxury hotel building and accommodation offer superb amenities and recreational facilities for all travelers. The hotel has been recognized internationally with prestigious awards and certifications for its commitment to the best service and hospitality. Porto Rethymno is an urban oasis featuring beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites which meet the needs of every traveler. The recently renovated guest rooms and suites have mostly views of Rethymno beach or the city harbor featuring a refreshing color palette inspired by a sophisticated fabulous setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aquila Porto Rethymno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquila Porto Rethymno Rethymnon, Crete
- Porto Rethymnon
- Hotel Aquila Porto Rethymno