“Beautiful hotel in the middle of Rethymnon old town”

Rimondi Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 175 Hotels in Rethymnon
Lucerne
“Beautiful hotel in the middle of Rethymnon old town”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at the Rimondi Estate for 2 nights.

We had an Executive Suite which was maisonette, with the bed upstairs and a large sitting area as well as the bathroom downstairs. We had direct access from our room into the lovely courtyard which features a (small) swimming pool (which is an exception for the hotels in the old town of Rethymnon) and a lounge area.

Breakfast was devine, with a large selection of local produce and warm dishes.

The service at the hotel is not 100% comparable to other 5 star hotels: Staff seems to be shared with the hotel next door, which is why the reception desk was sometimes left empty. To order something from the bar/restaurant during the day proved difficult (meaning you have to shout out for staff around the hotel) at times because mostly no staff was around. I also had a massage from the spa menu which I had to pay cash (without informing me prior to the massage) because it was not possible to charge this to my room. Definitely not the service I expect from a 5 star hotel.

Really the only downside to this hotel was the a bit lacking service from the staff even though they were very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank barca02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Thessaloniki
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is the second time we've visited the hotel during the month of October. I dare say it is really worth it . The temperature is still high and the beautiful autumn colours interchanging at the swimming pool give a different allure. The owners of the hotel (yes,we did have the chance to meet them), are the ones who designed Rimondi Estate, as they are also architects. They are very friendly (no wonder why their staff is so friendly too) and hospitable. They actually give a sense of cosiness at this luxurious hotel. They agreed with us when we told them we had the feeling October is the best period to visit the hotel and they also had their own theory. I admit, I am a fan of this hotel,but you really have to visit it especially in October....

Room Tip: There is no tip of advice I can give, as I believe that all the rooms have something different to of...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank filio K
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Probably the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in. Very clean, nicely appointed, great shower, The staff was very friendly, and extremely helpful with directions and suggestions. The hotel is in a great quiet location...very close to some of the best restaurants in all of Crete. The breakfast was also very nice with a pool side location.

Room Tip: We had room #2. Nice and quiet.
4 Thank GreenLakeDave2013
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Rimondi Estate is a beautiful hotel in the heart of the charming Old Town Rethymno, just a couple of minutes from the Venetian harbour. It is worth the title of one of the Small Luxury Hotels in the World!
The staff was friendly and always willing to help with excursions, car hire, places to visit in the town and restaurant recommendations. If we asked for a restaurant recommendation, they always called to make a reservation. Nothing was too much problem.
The rooms were well appointed and spotlessly clean.
There was a great section for breakfast every morning, which was served in the spacious pretty courtyard viewing the charming swimming pool..
They really looked after you. You can’t go wrong with staying at Rimndi Estate!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank gia-paul
CYPROS
Reviewed October 2, 2013

we really enjoyed our holidays at Rimondi estate hotel. we stayed 6 nights at the spa suite with an outdoor jacuzzi with special amenities, sleeping under under a four hundred years old ceiling.
We really relax by the pool, beautiful gardening, quiet, cool drinks. the stuff was really helpful and well informed. see you all next year!

Room Tip: the spa suite was great, historical monument with luxury spirit and great spa amenities.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank 19KK43
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Booked a week with Thomas Cook in September 2013; we arrived late on the first night (Heraklion Airport is dreadful) to a full hotel so we were put up in the "more up market" sister hotel Rimondi Estate next door. In our opinion the Palazzo actually edges it, it had a lot more character.
The hotel is 10 about minutes from the bus station for independent travel, 10 minutes from the organised beaches and in the middle of the old town.

Our room (110) had the bed on a split level above a kitchenette and bathroom, the room was clean, comfortable, spacious and airy.The courtyard area, with mini pool, was also reasonably well tended. It's the excellent hospitality though that stands out in my memory - the staff are all excellent hosts and made us very welcome.

Other guests have commented that the plumbing is a little dated and the bath was a little small but they worked fine. The rooms have been described elsewhere as dark,but shaded and cool would be more accurate. These criticisms are true but didn't spoil the our stay.

2 Thank Ken G
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I would stay away from this hotel .....unless you would be fine if they pack your stuff and move you to another hotel without even informing you....having had a wonderful time exploring the island and coming back to our hotel at midnight finding out that apparently they had a more important guest who came in and requested our room,.......so the owner decided to have our belongings packed (basically thrown everything in luggages ) and shipped to another hotel...never been so insulted in my life.....nor have I ever been violated to this level of stranger going through my belongings without my knowledge.

12 Thank 761tinam
Anastasia B, Owner at Rimondi Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Ms. M,

Greetings from the Rimondi Estate hotel in Rethymno, Crete. I do hope this finds you well.
Please allow me to introduce myself, I am Anastasia Baka, the owner and general manager of the Rimondi Estate. Unfortunately I was not able to meet with you personally during your stay, which I do regret, as I understand our service during you visit was not up to the high standards it should have been.

As we are nearing the end of another busy season, while we reflect on our successes, more importantly, we must examine areas where we would most like to make improvements. Thus I would first like to apologize for not responding sooner, but I wanted to make sure I had gathered all of the pertinent details of the events which occurred during your stay, both from my staff and the cooperating hotel Avli.

It seems there was a major breakdown of communication on our part regarding your last night's stay and the removal of your belongings, and I deeply and sincerely apologize for this event and the distress it caused you. I agree it was absolutely uncalled for and I would be equally disturbed had it happened to me. For this reason I hope you can accept my sincerest apology. My staff and I realize there were serious issues during your stay in which we did not do our best.

We apologize for dropping the ball during your last visit, and we hope to have the opportunity to have you again as our valued guests. We look forward to showing you the quality of service and hospitality we know we are capable of.

On behalf of myself and all the staff of Rimondi Estate, we look forward to hearing from you, and welcoming you back next summer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rethymnon
Caramel Grecotel Boutique Resort
#9 of 175 in Rethymnon
Grecotel Creta Palace Hotel
Grecotel Creta Palace Hotel
#11 of 175 in Rethymnon

Been to Rimondi Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!