All reviews open plan bathroom holiday concierge old town lovely hotel wellness centre free sun beds euro deposit sister hotel aqua aerobics private pool star hotel every evening beach road walk into town beach towels hotel guests side sea view
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

Arrived midnight, checked in and given welcome drink on arrival and cold meat selection kept aside for us. Accommodation is okay - we had two twin rooms which were a good size with plenty of hanging and storage space. Good shower and bathroom. Nice private patio area. Our main issue was regarding the no short ruling at dinner - not made aware of it by anyone in advance so we were turned away on our first evening and told we could either return after 9.00 p.m, borrow some random trousers or have the food in our room!!! OMG how insulting was that. Apparently it is policy and obviously not the fault of the maitre de but it really did spoilt that element of the holiday for me. My husband and son wore jeans and tracksuit bottoms every evening despite having smart cotton long shorts available to wear with smart matching shirts etc. Yet there were young ladies in the restaurant with the most revealing shorts I have ever seen - this smacks of sexism in the opposite way to me which is not acceptable in the current climate. The food provided was excellent and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We had young adults who were dairy intolerant and received excellent help in providing options for meals which we appreciated.

We also had "towel gate" with a gentleman who had left his towels on three sunbeds which I moved to the side and we used the sunbeds for at least two hours before he returned remonstrating at us. I didn't know he had hired them from the hotel and other people had taken them for themselves and he was demanding that I gave him 30 Euros to pay for them. People did pass them back to me and we vacated our sunbeds. I know it is a common problem but there are limited sunbeds by the pools and very frustrating that people just leave towels on there when they go into town or the beach etc.

Entertainment in the evenings was varied but some evenings were good. Greek dancing evening was okay but too short. The drinks were very expensive and my gin was quite watery - best to order a Gordons Gin rather than local option for value for money.

Best bit for me was the day time activity provided by new entertainment officer Carys. We went on a walk to local nature reserve with a group of people supervised by Carys and that was lovely and really interesting. Then I attended her cookery tasting demonstration which was brilliant.

As I say the hotel does have potential but just a little lacking in keeping up with the times.

Date of stay: July 2019
Uli M, Leiter Gästebetreuung at SENTIDO Aegean Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Hello from Crete,
thank you very much for having chosen our hotel as your holiday resort and your detailed review on tripadvisor.
We are pleased to hear that you liked very much the rooms, the excellent food in the restaurant and the friendly service.
In all our hotel descriptions it is mentioned that we do have a dress code for men wearing long trousers at dinner time in the restaurant, so that clients are informed before they come on holidays.
We also make as often as possible pool checks to avoid the reservation of sun beds around the pool.
All the best for you and your family

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel left me slightly confused. Rated 5 star, the public areas are superb as are the suites. Some of the rooms however abutt the four star sister hotel and ate dark with no sun on balconies and no privacy so curtains have to be drawn at all times. The food was not up to 5 star standard at dinner and restuarant lacked sufficient waiting staff.
With 4 star sister hotel on same plot and with some shared facilities certain benefits like the pool area were hijacked by its gets as they were superior to their hotel. The beach loungers were free but also open to public at a cost and tbe area was often full before 10am.
Long walk into town. Nearly 3 km to venetian harbour and 2.5 km to marina.
Would not consider this hotel 5 star. Staff however were friendly and attentive.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Uli M, Leiter Gästebetreuung at SENTIDO Aegean Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good morning from Crete,
Thank you very much for your good review.
It means a lot to us that our outstanding staff impressed you very much!
As our SENTIDO Pearl hotels are city / beach hotels, we do not have a lot of space around, but the advantage of being close to the Mediterranean and the beautiful old town of Rethymnon.
In case clients are not content with the location of their rooms, they can inform the reception and we do our best in order to change the room if it is possible.
Sunny greetings

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel for a week in June for B&B. The rooms are nice, hotel staff are friendly, the pools are lovely but they are missing a bit of atmosphere. The noise in between the hotel and beach can be noisy by the cars going past, it would have been nice to have some chilled music to play around the pool to disguise this.
Lunch was lovely, reasonably priced and the drinks were also good too.
There is a taxi rank outside the hotel which is only €5 into town but there are plenty of restaurants and bars that are a short walk away.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Geia sou Sophie,
Thank you for having chosen our SENTIDO Aegean Pearl hotel for your holidays!
Your suggestion of creating more atmosphere around the pool with music we will discuss for next year's improvements!
Sunny greetings from lovely Crete!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here in September. Whene we arrived our room wasnt ready. Like the other people most annoying. So couldn't unpack. It was ready after breakfast next morning. Rooms are spotless and the staff in the dining room very pleasant. Sorry but this hotel isnt a 5star. The food to us was ok not great. And it wasn't very hot. Soups was Luke warm.every time. I have had much better. Plates was always cold. Never had that before. And never any beds at the pool. So it was the beach the man on the beach is fantastic he works so hard and is very pleasant. So I must say we won't be returning again

Dear Margaret,
thank you for spending time to write down your opinion about our SENTIDO Aegean Pearl hotel.
It is good to hear that especially the cleanliness and the staff in the restaurant impressed you very much.
On the other hand we feel sorry that you did not mention your criticism about the food to the restaurant manager or to the reception during your stay.
If we first read about a complaint in the internet it is too late to act, if improvement is needed.

Best regards

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked our holiday in January after a lot of research on trip advisor etc. After working in travel for 30 years i like good hotels !

I had read on trip advisor that peoples rooms were nit really until the next day and couldn’t work out why but put it to the back of my mind until it happened to us. Our rooms were booked from the 5th of September, due to our flight times we didn’t arrive at the hotel until after 1am on the 6th.

When you are extremely tired you just want to get to your reserved room to get to bed but everyone of us (6 rooms) that were checking in at same time did not have our rooms available. And whilst our 2 rooms were upgraded to 2 rooms with their own private pools i was not amused. What good is that in the middle of the night? My parents got their room after breakfast but we didn’t get ours until 1pm. What was the problem? Oh it was my fault for requesting 2 rooms next to each other! Never in 30 years working in the travel industry have i heard anything as ridiculous.

The problem was sorted and Uli is a lovely lady who is the concierge and gave us a free massage and drink per room and jet2 gave us £40 per person compensation but it should never have happened.

Any way the rest of our holiday was amazing. The bedrooms are very high standard, the entire hotel
Is spotless, the staff are amazing especially in the restaurant and bar, the breakfast was delicious as was most of the evening meals.

We never used the main pool and to be honest I think we would have struggled to get an un-reserved bed. For our first 7 days we spent the morning at the beach as you could get loungers there free of charge and without any problem and then a few hours after lunch we went to the pool at the back of our rooms. But after the stormy sea days we struggled some days to get a bed at the quiet pool as beds were being reserved for hours without being used. My husband and dad brought some round from the other pool for us.

The hotel is in a quieter area which was perfect for us and only a short walk or 5 euros in a taxi to the lovely busy area. Good trips to go on as well and lots of places to book them.

Apart from the room mix up my other moan is regarding the dress code. My husband had to put on long trousers for dinner and then go to the room snd change into his shorts. I really don’t think wearing dressy shorts is so bad. He has to wear long trousers every day at work and wants to relax on holiday. It was annoying to see some females dressed in shorts at night in thr the restaurant without a fuss.

The entertainment was ok some nights but most nights we left after dinner to go into the town. Drinks in the bar were good prices and cocktails were good. We did notice though one night we sat at the 4* side of hotel and although we were paying 7euros for a vodka and diet coke it wasn’t to the same standard as in our side of hotel.

I might sound picky but there was lots of things that made this hotel stand out and there was a few things that brought it down and that is why i marked it 4 out of 5.

I would definitely go back though and have priced if for next year but only bed and breakfast due to tge dress code.

Hello from Rethymnon,
thank you very much for your detailed review and and sharing your opinion about your experiences made during your holidays in our SENTIDO Aegean Pearl hotel.
We are very sorry for the bad start, that you did not get straight from the beginning the room you made a reservation for. In peak season that can happen, but we do our utmost in order to make it up to our clients, the best way we can.
It is great to hear that your holidays were nearly perfect and that you are planning to come back next year!
We are already looking forward to it.
All the best for you and your family