We arrived here very late one night in early July for our last relaxing holiday before our baby arrives in November. We wanted a 5* that was clean, safe and relaxing- whether that was staying around the pool or relaxing on the beach.
We arrived at the hotel at 1:00am
To be greeted with a cold towel and juice- nice touch. My island went to check us in to be told the hotel had overbooked us and we would be staying in the sister hotel next door- 3* for 3 nights and then we could move into the Pearl in 3 days.
No apology and the receptionist told us like we would just accept this. To be fair my husband was really annoyed given I am pregnant and we didn't have a room at the hotel we booked after paying over £1300 for a week here!! After 2 hours of arguing we eventually were told we could have a room at the hotel we booked and we were taken to our room! No apology or complimentary offering, nothing.
Room was lovely just like the picture except our bath was cracked and water leaked all over. Too tired to complain!
Main pool is ridiculous- people putting towels out at 7am meant you have to be up early to have a chance of getting a subbed-
Not what I want or need! Our only choice was to head down to the beach- not ideal when your 5 months pregnant and need the toilet every 5 minutes! We ended up getting into the sun bed wars and were putting towels down early to ensure I had a bed! People left towels on sun beds all day and never turned up- hotel were not bothered.
To top this disappointing week on the last day I had some orange juice from the freshly squeezed machine and found 5 maggots in there. My husband found the same- nice touch that you can get fresh orange juice but not a nice touch that we had been drinking maggots all week! Husband went straight to reception and they said it was fine, natural infact!!!!! I instantly wanted to throw up and spent the morning googling maggots and pregnant women! We weren't going to complain about this holiday to the rep but after the maggot situation we certainly did!
The rep was so helpful and was pretty disgusted herself. We refused compensation from Thomas Cook in resort and I have now received compensation from this holiday.
Really disappointed in this hotel as we expected so much more for the money we spent!!!
Stay away from the orange juice!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl is located on the Greek island Crete and is ideal for beach lovers who want to relax at the beach. The hotel is in the city Tethymnon on the island Crete. Next to the hotel there are many different shops, bars, restaurants and cafes. The beach promenade directly by the hotel, and is ideal for walks. You have got the possibility to take your breakfast at the main restaurant of the SENTIDO Aegean Pearl where a buffet is prepared to each meal. Moreover, you can enjoy your lunch at the snack bar which is directly next to the pool. In the evening you have got the possibility to choose between the buffet or the A la Carte-Restaurant. At the bar you can enjoy the sunset with a tasty drink. Many different watersport activities were offered next to the beach. The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl is in cooperation with the diving school where you can schedule diving lessons. Furthremore, in the evening the hotel offers entertainment shows. The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl offers 4 different types of rooms: Comfort double rooms; Double rooms with private pool; Family suites; Suites with sea view ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Aegean Pearl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Aegean Pearl Hotel Rethymnon
- SENTIDO Aegean Pearl Rethymnon, Crete