My boyfriend and I arrived at the hotel at around midnight after a very long day of travelling and we were greeted with cool flannels for our faces and a refreshing drink which was a nice touch from the hotel staff.
There was a bit of confusion with the rooms, with the hotel staff telling us they had overbooked the hotel(despite us booking this holiday in November 2012!) We were told we would have to stay in their 3* sister hotel Pearl Beach for 2 nights. I was so unimpressed, but after my boyfriend pushing them for about 20 minutes, it turned out they did have a room for us in the 5* we booked to stay in all along-phew!
The room was lovely, really modern and super clean. Powerful aircon, a balcony overlooking the sea, a mini fridge, comfy beds and a good quality shower-lovely! They're not overly spacious, but spacious enough for two people. The bathroom is open plan with the bedroom, so don't book to go with someone you're not 100% comfortable infront of!
The only disappointing thing about this hotel was the beach, it was so overcrowded(which is nobodys fault ofcourse, just not mine and my boyfriends idea of relaxation.) The beach itself was clean and enjoyable however, but its covered in pebbles so make sure you pack some flip flops or beach shoes! On the beach was a water sports center where you could book jet skiing, parasailing and other water activities. We hired jet skis which were 40 euro for 15 minutes and it was such good fun. The sea gets really choppy on the beach so be careful, the waves knocked me down a tleast ten times a day! Despite the beach being busy, there were 3 pools within the hotel which were relaxing and quiet, so we preferred to laze about there as opposed to the beach.
We ate lunch at the hotel most days which was really yummy. Simple pool snacky meals like toasted sandwiches, salads, burgers and pizzas etc. all reasonably priced. The staff at lunch were really attentive and we never waited too long to be asked if we needed anymore drinks.
Whoever said the walk into the harbour/old town was 30 minutes must walk incredibly quickly! It was taking us 10 minutes in a cab each night to reach the old town(only costing 5 euro) so how people were walking it in half an hour is beyond me! I'm sure if you were visiting the hotel at a cooler time of the year, the walk would be enjoyable, but in the middle of July it was simply too hot to walk-especially when a cab is so accessible and well priced.
Despite the mix up at the beginning of the holiday, we had a lovely stay here. Good location, friendly staff and lovely rooms. Would defiantly recommend, just at a more quiet time of the holiday season- not in July.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl is located on the Greek island Crete and is ideal for beach lovers who want to relax at the beach. The hotel is in the city Tethymnon on the island Crete. Next to the hotel there are many different shops, bars, restaurants and cafes. The beach promenade directly by the hotel, and is ideal for walks. You have got the possibility to take your breakfast at the main restaurant of the SENTIDO Aegean Pearl where a buffet is prepared to each meal. Moreover, you can enjoy your lunch at the snack bar which is directly next to the pool. In the evening you have got the possibility to choose between the buffet or the A la Carte-Restaurant. At the bar you can enjoy the sunset with a tasty drink. Many different watersport activities were offered next to the beach. The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl is in cooperation with the diving school where you can schedule diving lessons. Furthremore, in the evening the hotel offers entertainment shows. The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl offers 4 different types of rooms: Comfort double rooms; Double rooms with private pool; Family suites; Suites with sea view ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Aegean Pearl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Aegean Pearl Hotel Rethymnon
- SENTIDO Aegean Pearl Rethymnon, Crete