“Cosy place to enjoy the sunset”
Review of Thalassographia

Thalassographia
Ranked #62 of 383 Restaurants in Rethymnon
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Mediterranean, International, Bar, Grill, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Excellent service (even if one staff member was missing that evening), food was very good and the spot is fantastic near to the fortress and the sea.

3  Thank Marie-Rachel

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Wonderful location near the ancient venitian fortress facing the sea and a wonderful view of the harbour. A restauarant on several levels, all tables with a view. Excellent menu. The Tiger prawn risotto was delicious. my wife had the linguini with scampi wirh a touch of anis. The personnel was friendly and made us feel welcome. An excellent dinner indeed. A view, ambiance and good food with the wine to go with it.

2  Thank ALF2904
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had dinner here on our last night in Retymno, Unfortunately, the pork and chicken was not a winner, the pork was rough. A nice view from the restaurant, and average attention from the waiter.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The location was superb. The service was a little slow. We were there for a late lunch and it wasn't very busy. The food was fine but we didn't feel it was outstanding.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

First day in Rethynmon and we headed here at 7 to watch the sun set and have a great meal.As I mentioned before we would not normally give serious consideration to a restaurant with an amazing view located beside a major tourist attraction.It's been a year and while we remembered the quality of the food we had forgotten the quantity.I passed on starters but my wife had the salmon bruschetta , three large pieces of lightly toasted bread each piled with smoked salmon ....a meal in itself which she insisted I share with her.For main course my wife had sea bass which arrived whole and the waiter kindly filleted it at our table.I ordered what I though was a small steak and indeed it was , but it's twin brother was on the plate too .I just could not even attempt the second steak , blame the salmon . As usual ,quality and service excellent.By just after sunset it was pretty full , with a lot of locals eating , but that did not inhibit service in any way .Unfortunately the view is so good , even after sunset ,that people do not give up their seats but linger.Having said that , there is always space .Have to try somewhere else tonight but will be back there tomorrow .

2  Thank Travellingirish1